x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Samsung Note 8 or 9 and Hp Elitebook X3 Lapdock

kultur Page Icon Posted 2019-02-24 4:41 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

I mentioned this in another thread but I saw someone using an HP Elitebook X3 Lapdock with a Samsung Note and it looked fantastic. With DeX you get a full keyboard, touchpad, 12" 1080p touchscreen, desktop, speakers, and USB-C x 2 along with microHDMI. It works wired or wirelessly. I think I may use this to replace my t440P which is decidedly not light. But it could be a cool way to have the mobility of a handheld pc and some more modern software.

Edited by kultur 2019-02-24 4:42 AM
 Top of the page
smb_gaiden Page Icon Posted 2019-02-26 9:40 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Yes, I use my note 8 in this configuration. However it does not move to dex mode. Also had to install a non-samsung keyboard on the phone, because the samsung keyboard used with the lapdock double registers keys. For example:

hheelllloo when hello is typed.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2019-02-27 5:37 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Moved to Off Topic
 Top of the page
smb_gaiden Page Icon Posted 2019-02-28 5:03 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Update the thread.

The double key only happens when i use the lapdock as a wireless display. When wired in the keyboard acts normally.

Tried my friend's S9 on Android Pie and when wired in then Dex mode is activated.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 10