x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Didn't receive email from HPC:Factor? (2019)

C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2019-04-27 12:05 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

If you've been expecting/waiting for an email from the server for some reason and haven't received it. I think I've solved the problem.

It looks like we had an upstream change in our SMTP relay that wasn't downwards communicated and it invalidated the Sender Policy Framework. Some domains (e.g. Yahoo) may have been selectively rejecting outbound mail as a result.

Please let us know if you experience problems (but please triple check your junk mail folders first!).

99.99% of "your email doesn't work" is actually "I didn't check my junk mail folder but decided to belligerently complain anyway"

I've resent the validation queue and all I am currently seeing are "bad destination email address" bounces, rather than SPF rejections.
 Top of the page Quote Reply
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2019-04-27 10:37 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

I got my mail from HPC:Factor just fine. 1 offer for a loan, 2 credit card offers, 3 requests for charitable donations, and finally a sale letter for a Lazy Boy recliner…
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2019-04-27 10:47 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Oh ye, I noticed that you had clicked the 100% legitimate link to your online banking and logged in using your username and password.

Thanks for that
Lost Cosmonaut
Lost Cosmonaut Page Icon Posted 2019-04-28 3:30 AM
#
I tried to register a few hours ago and still haven't received an email. Checked every folder I could have, and sent an email to the webmaster email on the Contact Us page. Not sure what else to do.
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2019-04-28 6:17 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

LC, I've manually re-triggered it. Did you get it?
Mobi Page Icon Posted 2019-04-30 2:44 AM
#
Subscribers
Factorite (Elite)

C:Amie - 2019-04-27 2:47 PM

Oh ye, I noticed that you had clicked the 100% legitimate link to your online banking and logged in using your username and password.

Thanks for that

Care to share Rich's info? I need to do some shopping!
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2019-04-30 12:21 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Mobi - 2019-04-30 2:44 AM

C:Amie - 2019-04-27 2:47 PM

Thanks for that

Care to share Rich's info? I need to do some shopping!

Sure thing! Spread the wealth, that's what I say! Drop me a PM
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2019-05-03 11:22 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Sadly there might be some people out there who have noticed that now inbound emails to the hpcfactor.com domain are bouncing, it's been 72 hours.
The mail server died about 36 hours after I fixed the outbound mail problem.

It hasn't righted itself, obviously. The mail server is in Florida, rather than in the UK. I've asked Insurgent if he'll kindly take a look at it.

Hopefully it hasn't died a death. I could really do without that headache at the moment.
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2019-05-06 9:47 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Everything seems to be better and I'm assuming that Insurgent coaxed the inbound mail server back to life as it is running again - thanks John.

I have seen a problems with an Eastern European ISP this morning, complaining that a perfectly present SPF alias isn't on our SFP. Which leads me to suspect that they don't support CIDR notation. I've removed the CIDR from the SPF and I guess we'll try again >_<
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2019-06-24 11:51 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

FYI, I've just had a grumble at the ISP because they've had several of their SMTP relay servers on a CBL for the last 5 days. Some ISPs are refusing email from their relay server (e.g. EarthLink). I've made them aware of it so they should do something about it, but if you're expecting email from the site and not seeing it: that is why.
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.163 - Cached queries : 66 - Executed queries : 9