x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Sigmarion pda Mini Computer

scotterbug Page Icon Posted 2019-05-23 9:55 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Just received this in the mail today, found it on eBay last week. Wanted one because decent price, and a fun challenge.
I've always falen for this for factor. It is Windows CE, half in Japanese and half English. And i still have some of my old CF cards, one 32MB and another 512MB. Plus I found on my Window Vista computer in the basement with all kinds of Windows CE and Handheld PC programs. This weekend I'm the S.O.O.D. during a holiday shutdown. So for me it's a wayback to Christmas 2000 with a new toy to program!
 Top of the page
Diema Page Icon Posted 2019-05-24 1:14 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Now that is indeed a genuinely cool device. I love the bracketed silver motif - I assume it's a rugged handheld, which is always nice.

How does CE .net compare to, say, HPC2000? Are there any particularly killer apps you would recommend if I were to get into that version of CE?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2019-05-24 10:39 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Diema,

HPC2000 was a 'platform'; Operating System (CE 3) + Core apps. .net was just an operating system. There is no Pocket Office, PIM and usually very little in the way of other built-in apps. This requires you to be more creative with it. Killer apps like TextMaker and PlanMaker were universal to CE 3 as well. The browser under .net was far superior to PIE4. However by 2019 standards, both almost as useless as each other.
 Top of the page
scotterbug Page Icon Posted 2019-05-24 10:44 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Now I need a little help. Tried to install from the CF card different versions of XNview for pocket PC and handheld, but they won't install, just shows the extract on the card. Also trying to find a proper version of a music player, I have WMA and Mp3 files that worked on my pocket PC and my long dead Jornada 720. And of course the English MUI install package. I can't figure out if it's Sh3, or ARM processor. Found some of my old Mobipocket files. I always loved that. Any help from the other tech nerds here would be appreciated!
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2019-05-25 6:18 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

The Sigmarion (1) is H/PC 3.0 (Windows CE 2.11) and Sigmarion 2 is H/PC 2000 and is Windows CE 3.0.

I don't know which Sigmarion you got, but to my knowledge, Windows CE 2.11 doesn't have an English MUI. I know of H/PC 2000 English MUI and have the file.

-stingraze

Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2019-05-25 6:30 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

The first two Sigmarions were MIPS. The Sig 3 is ARM-based.
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2019-05-25 9:25 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

Yep. That is correct.
 Top of the page
scotterbug Page Icon Posted 2019-05-25 11:08 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Thanks for the update. It has the "Windows CE Handheld PC Professional Edition" on the home screen. And on the front it shows a "Zero Halliburton" on the lower left badge. Don't know if it's real aluminum, or just paint. Was able to rename the icons on the home screen from Japanese to English. Plus found the Solitaire game. It's in Japanese. But was happy to play it again with "Dracula's Castle" theme on the back of the cards. Now time to find Minesweeper! So, it's MIPS and not StrongArm. And back to the wonderful world of BMP pic format!
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2019-05-26 8:10 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

That's the Sigmarion I.
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2019-05-26 9:32 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

yep. Enjoy your machine! I have one since around 2003 or 4. I still like the formfactor and use it time to time in my local Starbucks. haha
 Top of the page
scotterbug Page Icon Posted 2019-05-27 3:09 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

And over this weekend I powered up Sigi's grand-daughter a Fujitsu NTT domoco F-O7C. Full Windows 7 professional Edition. Domoco seems to have a knack for making cool gadget pocket computer/phones. I love the actual tiny built in keyboard. Plus it blows my buddies away at work when they see it's Windows, not Android or iPhone.

Edited by scotterbug 2019-05-27 3:13 PM
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2019-05-28 2:19 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

Neat.

I've always wanted to touch the F-07C.
Fujitsu makes pretty interesting small computers like LOOX U.

Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.234 - Cached queries : 50 - Executed queries : 29