x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Does anyone feel like writing a review?

1 2 3
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2019-05-27 9:04 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Does anyone feel inspired to write a review? Hardware, software, accessory anything?

We haven't had a review in a long time. Is anyone feeling contemplative?
 Top of the page Quote Reply
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2019-05-27 9:29 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

I would if I had something to review
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2019-05-27 9:40 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Nothing in the SCL that takes your fancy? Any weird NEC accessories locked away in a draw somewhere?
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2019-05-27 9:55 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Let me think about it…
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2019-06-01 11:01 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Anyone else? It's an open offer to all our visitors. If you like to write, get in touch
thcrw739 Page Icon Posted 2019-06-01 2:30 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Open the gate to more options and i'm sure you would have reviews galore.

Edited by thcrw739 2019-06-01 2:31 PM
Alt Bass Page Icon Posted 2020-02-18 8:50 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

I have almost written a review about oneMix. I wanted to order a matte screen protector and make my review more comprehensive when it arrives. What's better - publish then update or publish once later?
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2020-02-18 9:48 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I'm still interested in doing the review we talked about, C:Amie, but I've had a lot of distractions and haven't been able to concentrate on preparing it.
Alt Bass Page Icon Posted 2020-02-25 12:46 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

I tried searching for Amie's e-mail address on his website but he the only info I could find in Contact section is to discourage ever contacting him.
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2020-02-25 7:43 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Sorry everyone, I've been away without Internet for 2 weeks.

Alt Bass - 2020-02-18 8:50 PM

I have almost written a review about oneMix. I wanted to order a matte screen protector and make my review more comprehensive when it arrives. What's better - publish then update or publish once later?
Alt bass, 100% publish once. No one ever goes back to check for updates.

CE Geek - 2020-02-18 9:48 PM

I'm still interested in doing the review we talked about, C:Amie, but I've had a lot of distractions and haven't been able to concentrate on preparing it.
Please let me know when you're ready. If you need me to get you some of those eye things that Police Horses wear to prevent distraction, I'll get you some?

Alt Bass - 2020-02-25 12:46 PM

I tried searching for Amie's e-mail address on his website but he the only info I could find in Contact section is to discourage ever contacting him.
Don't contact me, I'm not a real person. You know I'm an AI from the future right? A really cranky one
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2020-02-25 10:47 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

C:Amie - 2020-02-25 11:43 AM

CE Geek - 2020-02-18 9:48 PM

Please let me know when you're ready. If you need me to get you some of those eye things that Police Horses wear to prevent distraction, I'll get you some?

Thanx, but no thanx. With all that's going on over on my side of the pond, the last thing I need is blinders.
Alt Bass Page Icon Posted 2020-02-26 1:42 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

C:Amie - 2020-02-25 10:43 PM

Sorry everyone, I've been away without Internet for 2 weeks.

Alt Bass - 2020-02-18 8:50 PM

Alt bass, 100% publish once. No one ever goes back to check for updates.
We have two kinds of audience - the core audience who read articles as they are published and those who find our articles in search engines.

If we publish once, later:
- core audience will read article
- those who searched for reviews in the timeframe between now and future publish date won't ever find this article because people typically research this topic once

If we publish now:
- core audience will read article and probably evenn check it again if it said that it will have updates because they are interested in almost anything related to HPCs and HPCFactor does not have a lot of content
- we won't lose those who are searching for reviews right now and the article will have slightly less information (I typed down so much information already)

That's my perspective.
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2020-02-26 5:19 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

It really depends on how comprehensive an update you intend to do. Good editorial standards infer that you don't change the goal-posts after the event. What if you make a recommendation and someone buys it only for a change to be made in an edit? I acknowledge your point, but I still feel the best course is to let you collect your thoughts and experiences and then publish once, completely.
Alt Bass Page Icon Posted 2020-02-26 8:32 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

That would be my choice too.
roychanyl Page Icon Posted 2020-03-08 11:37 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

I thought of writing a review for the Sharp Brain runninb WinCE 6.0 Embedded. Thought of writing a preliminary review of the Sharp PW-A7000 unit( which I purchased a year ago off a Yahoo Auction on Buyee Japan)… outlining its primary functions and, maybe in a second review, my experience in using it as my latest WinCE handheld (with limited functions) after installing ceOpener to tap into its Windows functionality.
Any thoughts on this?
1 2 3
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 73 - Executed queries : 8