x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Does anyone feel like writing a review?

1 2 3
joval Page Icon Posted 2020-03-22 11:19 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Sensei

I'm going to start by writing my overall two cents worth about my topic of choice...sort of flesh it out on the forum and then hone it down later to into a useful, concise, accurate review. Does that work? I get the feedback of other forum members which, with perhaps the exception of CE Geek , should improve things!!!

Edited by joval 2020-03-22 11:23 AM
 Top of the page Quote Reply
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2020-03-22 1:16 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

What are you saying about CE Geek?! Careful, he'll ban you!

& yeah, no worries.
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2020-03-22 4:13 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I might be some help now that I've recently fired up my Brain again . . .
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2020-04-06 9:33 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

CE Geek - 2020-03-22 4:13 PM

I might be some help now that I've recently fired up my Brain again . . .
So come on then Mr. where's this review of yours? Now you're quarantined, you've got no excuses

Entertain us!
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2020-04-07 1:37 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Writer's block is a big excuse. I'm working on a comparative analysis, but that's easier said than done since I only utilize specific parts of the application in question. (And, being a social activist, it's not like I don't have other things running around my head right now.)
HPC:Fan Page Icon Posted 2020-04-07 1:41 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

I'm an Anti-social activist. We don't meet up every 2nd of the month. Feel free to not come by.

Anyway, I'd like to write a review. Currently most of my devices are overseas. And I doubt anyone wants a review of anything other than WinCE devices seeing this is a WinCE kinda place.
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2020-04-07 2:24 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Well any CE related hardware, software, peripherals are a dead cert for a thumbs up.

Anything else you might be interested in writing about, pitch the idea, let's see what everyone thinks. I'm not averse to covering other things, but I promised everyone a very long time ago that I wouldn't change the focus of the site to accommodate community building for anything else - but we do have a Linux/Unix sub-forum already, so I think that certainly qualifies.
HPC:Fan Page Icon Posted 2020-04-07 5:42 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Nah, I get that. Like I said, beyond a Psion 5 and a HP 1000CX I don't really have anything handy. All my PCMCIA modems and wifi cards + memory cards and various WinCE devices are state side and I'm in Europe. When I'm back, I'll gladly review tons of CF cards, adapters, PCMCIA peripherals, devices and even some software. Until then, I'll just watch what's coming.
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2020-04-07 6:11 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Why not do the 1000CX? Could make for an interesting flash back review. If you put a relevant spin on it, like MS-DOS usability in 2020 and how far can you really push it? Can you get Ethernet, WiFi, communications with Windows 10/Mac OS, data sync, email?

I'd certainly read it
HPC:Fan Page Icon Posted 2020-04-07 8:46 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

I'm sure I could do something like that, C:Amie. I've spent a lot of time researching it and even more time trying to get it to run. However, I've not done too much with it yet. But I can write up a little something and let you know C:Amie.
CellPhoneArcheology Page Icon Posted 2020-09-18 10:28 PM
#
Avatar image of CellPhoneArcheology
H/PC Newbie

I am doing a review and video on the new Microsoft Duo.

I was going to use it as a launching pad for my Youtube channel where I will review old Windows CE / Mobile / Phone stuff.

I know its a bit new.. But figured I would start at the End.. as well the Duo is latest they have targeting the enterprise market.. and CE was the first
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2020-09-19 5:13 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

That will be nice. I feel it's good to have new devices reviewed here once in a while.
1 2 3
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 69 - Executed queries : 9