x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Jornada 720 + HTML4 (Review ?): CandyCrush Equivalent??

joval Page Icon Posted 2019-06-02 5:14 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Sensei

I am truly having a lot of fun using the jornada 720 to make simple web pages. I can sit down anywhere, watching netflix or youtube, meanwhile just creating a plain text file on the 720 and typing out the basic htm doctype/html/head/style/body tags, h1 headings...its so damn easy...and now , just to find out what the 720 can render...recently adding simple javascript.

Then all you do is rename the .txt file as a .htm file...click on it and you've created your web page...and its Fun...changing colors, fonts, automatic time/date scrolling, buttons that turn something on or off or change to another webpage. Its so simple to do and learn the very basics and yet makes the old brow beaten PIE browser seem like a superstar. This is my version of candycrush (on which my sweet lovely spouse fritters away needless hours)...but I'm learning so much that is applical to any device with a browser!

Just remembering my early days at least 12 years ago here on hpcfactor...so much time was spend chasing my tail trying to get the wifi cards to work or learning about rom upgrades, trying to get alternative web browser...all that prismnds.dll stuff, it was often frustrating spending hours ...maybe aI was slow foooted or something...wifi card in place, ip address set for card, noooo luck, somehow I stumbled on the "my connection" communication icon, again entered ip and subnet and gateway...finally voila! wifi worked. tried it on a second jornada...no connection to network with remote desktop, RDP,...hours later finally found out I needed to change the hpc network name/id. Then there were those lessons on making roms for the 900c, fortunately cmonex created a fabulous rendition. and what about getting opera mini to work on...add these dlls, test with executability check, and on and on... Ever been there??

Or rebuilding the batteries (which is quite easy), repairing the 720 "lines thru the screen" defect due to damaged ribbon cables...i actually soldered a jumper wire on one 720 and it was brought back from near death experience...little torx screws...the dream of less grainy displays. No wonder I repeatedly took a hiatus from the whole experience.

If you are new to the Jornada 720 or the MP900c...I highly recommend you give your creative side some fun and go for it: play around with plain text files converting to .htm web pages. Attached is a basic example in both .txt and .htm extensions. Even those of you who are nitty gritty super coders can let your hair down and be frivolous and fanciful...(if you dare).

Hmmm, maybe this is a "review" of sorts....past and present.

Attachments
----------------
Attachments verysimple.htm (0KB - 9 downloads)
Attachments verysimple.txt (0KB - 3 downloads)
Attachments simple_style.htm (1KB - 8 downloads)
Attachments simplestyle.txt (1KB - 7 downloads)
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2019-06-02 5:45 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

You could try one of the HTML editors for H/PC https://www.hpcfactor.com/scl/search.asp?freetext=html&title=true&tag=true&developer=true&Search=Search e.g. H-Bomb https://www.hpcfactor.com/scl/8/MobileCubed/H-Bomb/version_1.3 which will at least take the file extension rename out of the equation for you.
 Top of the page
joval Page Icon Posted 2019-06-02 7:00 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Sensei

thanks...that is a bit cumbersome to do...I will check it out. You are an endless source of tips and tricks!

addendum: I just checked it out and downloaded 720 and 900c versions. Great!!

Edited by joval 2019-06-02 7:20 PM
 Top of the page
joval Page Icon Posted 2019-06-06 3:04 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Sensei

Ok, I finally downloaded the HTML editor and, zawow, what an improvement! Super fast changes immediately viewable on the web page...just like a desktop version...mini sublime text.

Initially, I just wanted to show that HTML can be composed with any plain text notepad like program...for newbies. But renaming the files is a chore... your recommendation really speeds things up for those who know how to easily install cabs.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2019-06-07 1:18 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Good stuff. What did you use, H-Bomb?
 Top of the page
joval Page Icon Posted 2019-06-09 5:22 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Sensei

I started with the BSquare cab cuz it was easiest to setup and it works great although I'm not sure what happens after the 30 day trial.

I finally ran the H-bomb exe file ( sounds kind of ominous pushing the button) and copied the cab over. It seems about equal, both make a huge time savings and it's so fast and easy to view the result.

The only difference I've noticed so far is the TAB key works in BSquare but not in H-bomb version. Thanks again for the tip.

Edited by joval 2019-06-09 5:23 PM
 Top of the page
ntware Page Icon Posted 2019-06-10 5:54 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Joval, instead of scratching your head around the broken MS Jscript implementation on Pocket IE, why not try a mainstream browser for the Jornada with better true JavaScript support? Two great options are:

1) Opera Mobile 9.65 Beta
Link: https://web.archive.org/web/20121211182256/http://hpcmonex.net/izemize/opera_wm2003_ppc_865b-1001patch.zip
Notes: Works great on the Jornada with RedGear installed. Change your date back to 2007.

2) NetFront 3.3
Link: https://web.archive.org/web/20131027074621/http://hpcmonex.net/izemize/NF33_v106.zip
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 64 - Executed queries : 10