x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Jornada 720 Keyboard mini review??

joval Page Icon Posted 2019-06-08 8:24 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Sensei

10:52 AM June 08, 2019

Well, I lucked out and found a original Jornada 680/720 keyboard on Amazon for $20 bucks plus $5 dollars shipping! and although its a sizable thing to haul around, it makes a nice extra. My first love is that incredibly delicious NEC Mobilepro 900c keyboard, and although this is a nice addition, it does not quite approach the joyous, or scrumptious feel of the MP900c( which seems like the same one used on the m800 so far as I can tell), but I am warming up to it as I am getting used to it

Now, it has some extra keys...an "ok" and "cancel" which are nice for saving and when used with the function key will insert the date and time into your text. There is the option for macros and function keys can be setup as shortcuts to programs or documents or email and/or web sites. This can be accessed on the fly by pressing a special keyboard key, and escape back to the program, pocket word presently, which is pretty neat/slick. Haven't put it to use much though...here goes: 11:44 AM June 08, 2019... just added time/date like that ...FnOk key, etc.

I am grateful that the driver is easily found on here on HPC:Factor...once loaded and opened the keyboard is fully operational...

It came in one of those vinyl pseudo leather cases. The keyboard is the same size as the MP900c but thinner and fits easily into its case with the attached cord (the case is actually an excellent fit for the MP900c ,too). The case/pouch is quite protective as both items seem almost new...again , lucky me, although after all these years the trim seams are fraying abit...something a coat of fabric paint or liquid tape could refurbish IMO.

Presently, I am typing in my easy chair with the keyboard , its little back legs opened, on my lap and the Jornada on the armrest...as the cord is only about 2 feet long and rather thick and not too pliable after all the years...something I hope some Armorall will improve.

What a cute little blessing to add to my collection of several 720's. This could prove to be an unbeatable combo especially in the motorhome...maybe even on the electric bike trail...time will tell. Seems like a little gift from Heaven...and it's so nice to have my HPC prayers answered in this kind, fun way...
 Top of the page
joval Page Icon Posted 2019-06-09 5:09 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Sensei

C:amie you are most knowledgeable about Wince and jscript on the PIE, so let me pick your brain. On the Jornada 720, Javascript Date variable works and can be called up as for my recent post on a simple clock...but it displays as date and time together. With the mp900c, the getElementById function works and time or date alone can be called up alone without the other. As a work around for the 720, the external keyboard likewise calls these variable up independently with <fn OK> and <fn X> key combinations. Is there someway to determine an Ascii code equivalent for these key combos...like <alt 45> (hpc) or <ctrl 45> (desktop) gives a quotation mark, is there some key logging program or trick to achieve such?

Also, let me know if I should be posting in a different forum location. Gracias.

Edited by joval 2019-06-09 5:11 PM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2019-06-09 5:29 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

The Date class is just an overloaded constructor for the ECMA date object.Under PIE3 it renders as JScript's default and under IECE6 in a more standardised way.
You can have it render however you want using the class members.
https://www.w3schools.com/jsref/jsref_obj_date.asp

The data printout will be a maco registered as a key even tin the HP driver that calls Win32 GetLocalTime() http://zetcode.com/gui/winapi/datetime/ .

There are key code mappers. Rich Hawley can probably point you to one. I've not used one in 15+ years.

Does https://www.hpcfactor.com/scl/525/Jimmy_Software/Key_Map_Pro/version... have one in it?

You could write a little Visual Basic CE app to show you in a few minutes. If the HP driver doesn't trap the key press, you could even do it in JavaScript in the web browser.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 8