x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Smartphone & PocketPC Magazine

frisser Page Icon Posted 2019-06-11 12:45 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I think it was 2014 when I was active on HPC:Factor and after re-discovering my MobilePro 900c and Jornada handhelds I decided to visit HPC:Factor. Good to see some familiar names on this forum after so many years!

I was also a subscriber for a few years of PocketPC Magazine/Smartphone & PocketPC Magazine but I lost all my copies and I was wondering if there still is an archive of this magazine. Enjoyed the reviews but also the advertisements.
 Top of the page
frisser Page Icon Posted 2019-06-11 12:46 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

nice to see 'my toys' in the signature. Most of them are still in my possession
 Top of the page
Adanroj Page Icon Posted 2019-12-29 4:28 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

I prefer NOT to see lists of people's toys in signatures since it makes search engines MUCH less useful. Maybe one day google will allow filtering out instances of a search term in forum posts but still return results that include the search term in the body of a post. In general I dislike signatures at all. Nothing wrong with being able to click on a username in a forum and bring up their favorite quotes or lists of toys or whatever people usually like to put in signatures. I'd better hop off this soapbox before I fall.

-----
If this was my signature, it would say I HATE SIGNATURES!

Edited by Adanroj 2019-12-29 4:29 AM
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2019-12-29 7:46 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I'm sure everyone appreciates the fact that I stopped listing my "toys" in my sig long before I became a mod. A quick look at my profile (if that's even possible in my case) would make you shudder.
 Top of the page
Karpour Page Icon Posted 2019-12-29 11:34 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Philosopher

Holy cow! 24 MobilePro 800/880s?!
I've never even seen one for sale, though they might not really have been sold much in Europe.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2019-12-30 1:09 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I got hold of multiple-unit lots of several devices cheap some time back. I still hope to resell most of them (though they're currently packed away deep in my garage). To me the 880 is still an ideal device for a writer who wants a lightweight computer whose files can be accessed quickly. ( 'Course, I swapped out ROMs between one of them and one of my 790s to make an H/PC 2000 "890." )
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 10