x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Fourier Nova 5000 Update Files?

1 2
SML Page Icon Posted 2019-06-13 10:20 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hello, HPC Factor Community!

The website and the forums have been a wonderful resource for maintaining my Jornada 690 and my MobilePro 900 (now with CmoneX 2.0), but I haven't found any answers for my current issue.

I recently purchased a Fourier Nova 5000 EX, which has some issues with crackling audio and some odd video glitches which seem to occur whenever I copy files to a CF card.

These are probably aging hardware issues, but I figured it was worth a shot to try reflashing/updating the rom.

Unfortunately, the support website seems to no longer host copies of the required files to do this.

Fourier OS Images Page

I visited the page on archive.org, but the oldest copy of the page was made on September 05, 2017, and the files are already missing.

I've submitted a support request through the old Fourier website and with einsteinworld.com, and I'll report back if I can get any help from them, but I was wondering if anyone here might have copies of the software to share.

CE Geek, if you're reading this, I couldn't help but notice your profile mentions you have 21 of these devices... I don't suppose you might have the files I'm looking for?

Edited by SML 2019-06-13 10:22 PM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2019-06-14 10:10 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

CE Geek was going to upload them into H/PC:Update for you, but it was broken so he's had to wait while I un-broke it

It is now un-broken Until I look away...
 Top of the page
SML Page Icon Posted 2019-06-14 3:54 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Thank you both!
 Top of the page
SML Page Icon Posted 2019-06-15 10:42 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I recommend that users exercise caution when applying these updates. It seems like my model is incompatible with the images that have been provided. (I get a splash screen with both images, but the 2.x version fades to white and the 3.x version hangs on the splash screen.)

My model has the cf slot, and I know that some of the newer ones replace that with an SD slot, so that might be what's caused the problem?

Unfortunately, I failed to back up my rom, so if anyone has any other versions of the image, I'd be willing to try them.
 Top of the page
glados19965 Page Icon Posted 2019-06-16 12:28 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

actually i have nova 5000 version 5.02 and im searching a update utility since 3 years its a good device for 2007 and it need to revive again if you can unbroke it it gonna be really good for us
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2019-06-16 1:39 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

The question is what OS version did your device have in the first place. As stated in the instructions, that's on a label on the battery cover in the back. Only the same OS version will work.
 Top of the page
SML Page Icon Posted 2019-06-16 2:56 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Oddly enough, I don't see that information on the back.

By that I mean the serial number, part number, and Windows CE key are all present, just like in the sample images, but no version is identified.

My Serial # is 614640, if that gives any indication of its age.

Edited by SML 2019-06-16 3:21 AM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2019-06-16 10:57 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

CE Geek - 2019-06-16 1:39 AM

The question is what OS version did your device have in the first place. As stated in the instructions, that's on a label on the battery cover in the back. Only the same OS version will work.

Is there a system info utility or a version file somewhere in ROM/the registry that can elaborate?
 Top of the page
SML Page Icon Posted 2019-06-16 12:16 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I don't think I'll be able to retrieve that information since I already flashed the rom.

I'll do my best to find any info that isn't obscure or second-hand, but this is the best I've managed so far:

The only software that I have from the original rom is a copy of the softmaker directory that I made for testing on my Mobilepro. It includes rev 405 of Textmaker, with the .exe created Sunday, March 19, 2006, 1:15:00 PM, rev 280 of Planmaker, with the .exe created Sunday, March 19, 2006, 1:14:52 PM, and no presentation software.

I appreciate the help I've gotten, and I understand that this may turn out to be an expensive lesson in precaution.

Edited by SML 2019-06-16 12:17 PM
 Top of the page
SML Page Icon Posted 2019-06-16 2:32 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Update: I have gotten a response from Fourier, and right now it *looks like* they're willing to email me some images. I'll report back if I have any luck.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2019-06-16 3:12 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

That is good news, especially on a Sunday. If you get hold of anything, I'm happy to re-host it here.
 Top of the page
SML Page Icon Posted 2019-06-19 12:15 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

I was able to get fourier to send OS images all the way up to 3.0.34, I think they're all meant for the third hardware iteration, and think my device might be from the first hardware iteration.

So, for the moment, I'm still stuck.

If anyone reading this has an EX with a 1.x.xx os version, please contact me. I remember seeing a version number following that naming scheme, or at least starting with a 1, when I was first messing around with the EX, though at the time I didn't suspect that that might signify anything more than a need to upgrade.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2019-06-19 9:15 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Thanks to SML, those ROM updates are now in H/PC:Update.
 Top of the page
glados19965 Page Icon Posted 2020-11-13 4:53 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

CE Geek - 2019-06-16 1:39 AM

windows CE 5.0
nova5000 ver: 3.00.27 EX(TUR)
rev:03.00
 Top of the page
glados19965 Page Icon Posted 2020-11-14 10:37 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

so how we gonna update our devices
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.25 - Cached queries : 54 - Executed queries : 27