x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Improved MP900 Date/Time clock using HTML

1 2
joval Page Icon Posted 2019-11-25 4:25 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Sensei

New Design screen shots

(ScrSnap001.bmp)

(ScrSnap002.bmp)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments ScrSnap001.bmp (300KB - 1 downloads)
Attachments ScrSnap002.bmp (300KB - 0 downloads)
 Top of the page
joval Page Icon Posted 2019-11-25 4:30 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Sensei

Here is a newer clock design...this displays a
1. 12 hour am/pm clock (without taxing the cpu)
2. style colors change during Day, Night, daybreak and sunset more or less.
3. Background image is included (you can add your own)
4. Uses internal CSS...no External CSS file to download ( a bit busy though)
5. Button options allow background color change and return to image...just as a demo...

more features to be added later (after I learn more javascript child.node stuff!).

This is a rough draft of sorts...quite a mix of code...and needs refinement....so this is a sneak preview( my competition with Elon Musk's CyberTruk?).

Just download the htm file and the jpeg file and place in same folder...you can alter the included txt file and change the various parameters if you like, or just review it to get acquainted with the various code blocks/sections...if you save it as an htm(l) file your changes will be demonstated.

Included above are a few screen snapshots of what you are getting... (change the text size to fit screen)Enjoy

Edited by joval 2019-11-25 4:45 AM

(pumpkin.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments a-best12HourCssChangeButH1.htm (4KB - 14 downloads)
Attachments a-best12HourCssChangeButH1.txt (4KB - 8 downloads)
Attachments pumpkin.jpg (62KB - 7 downloads)
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2019-11-25 9:21 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Looking much better. Well done. I think it just burnt my soul looking at it in Firefox though! lol.

How come you have gone for an 18 second refresh poll? It means the value can be up to 18 seconds late which might be disconcerting. Doing a 1second update shouldn't hurt performance.
 Top of the page
joval Page Icon Posted 2020-02-22 3:57 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Sensei

That was supposed to be an 30 minute refresh....not 180 seconds! or 3 minutes. It should be changed to "setTimeout(reload,1800000)

That refresh was an optional one...I wanted the twilight and dawn CSS styles to change withing 30 minutes of the scheduled time...my thinking was something like that). oh, also, if you choose the solid color background , easily customizable by the way if your retina hasn't recovered, that refresh time determines how long it persists and then reverts to the image.

All in all though I have been using 2 of my 900C's as Date Time CLocks for many months now...they are holding up well, are nice to have around, and amount to the biggest use these little beasties have ever known!

I'll look into showing off some updated renditions...when I have time
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2020-02-25 6:10 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

You could try having it phase the solid colour. Start off with a light shade at dawn and then head down to a dark at dusk, followed by going through the greys overnight!
 Top of the page
joval Page Icon Posted 2021-02-25 5:55 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Sensei

OK I've been running the above Date Time Clock for over 16 months next to the Big screen TV in our family room. It has been a great use of an otherwise idle MP900. Really like it.. has bright colors during day, darker colors at night, and transition colors at twilight and daybreak. I always know the date and day of the week and the big Time Numbers are easy to see at a distance. I have another one set up upstairs in the "master" bedroom... not that it ever gets me to the office on time though! You can learn a little css code playing with the colors. Screen remains bright,no dimming I can detect. Just saying.... it works great and is Very useful/practical.

Joval
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2021-02-25 7:58 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Are you planning any more modifications Joval?
 Top of the page
joval Page Icon Posted 2021-02-26 11:39 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Sensei

C:Amie - 2021-02-24 11:58 PM

Are you planning any more modifications Joval?

Oh, yes. It's on the list, however I'm presently busy with learning debian on the J720 with RasPi. which I using now for this post. Sure could use some help with autologin into fluxbox and startx to Bash and ssh...it's still quite a dance to get from Jlinex to firefox, takes about 5 minutes. Great once you get there.
The MP900 stock web browser is a good way to start learning HTML, CSS, and Javascript... not the newest versions of each so some media functions,etc can't be rendered... but all the basics are there.

I still appreciate your help writing my first few scripts. I now understand your point about writing good compact code... Linux Torvalds emphasizes the same! I have lots of room for improvement.

Joval
 Top of the page
joval Page Icon Posted 2022-01-17 3:47 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Sensei

My MP900 Date/Time clocks have been running well over 2 Years 24/7... just like clockwork, changing font , border and background colors as the day goes on.

Quite pleased... minimal wear and tear as far as I can see.

joval ... from zee J720 running Devuan Linux with RasPi-hardware-extension
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2022-01-17 4:17 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

It's good to hear that it didn't screen burn anything after all this time. The colour cycling should be helping in that regard of course.
 Top of the page
joval Page Icon Posted 2022-01-18 6:29 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Sensei

C:Amie - 2022-01-17 8:17 AM

It's good to hear that it didn't screen burn anything after all this time. The colour cycling should be helping in that regard of course.

I think so, although I haven't matched the font sizes perfectly. If you brighten up the screen with highest contrast... like when calibrating... there are barely faint shadows, but it's at a setting that one would never use or notice with "normal" screen settings. so, nothing like Plasma TV's or OLED displays.

BTW, Thanks for keeping the lights on here at HPCFactor! Ever grateful.

joval ...posted via J72(8)mated to a RasPi3B+ ( a marriage made in heaven).
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.234 - Cached queries : 69 - Executed queries : 10