x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Improved MP900 Date/Time clock using HTML

Moderators: C:Amie

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [15 messages per page]

joval Page Icon Posted 2019-11-25 4:25 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Philosopher

New Design screen shots

(ScrSnap001.bmp)

(ScrSnap002.bmp)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments ScrSnap001.bmp (300KB - 0 downloads)
Attachments ScrSnap002.bmp (300KB - 0 downloads)
 Top of the page
joval Page Icon Posted 2019-11-25 4:30 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Philosopher

Here is a newer clock design...this displays a
1. 12 hour am/pm clock (without taxing the cpu)
2. style colors change during Day, Night, daybreak and sunset more or less.
3. Background image is included (you can add your own)
4. Uses internal CSS...no External CSS file to download ( a bit busy though)
5. Button options allow background color change and return to image...just as a demo...

more features to be added later (after I learn more javascript child.node stuff!).

This is a rough draft of sorts...quite a mix of code...and needs refinement....so this is a sneak preview( my competition with Elon Musk's CyberTruk?).

Just download the htm file and the jpeg file and place in same folder...you can alter the included txt file and change the various parameters if you like, or just review it to get acquainted with the various code blocks/sections...if you save it as an htm(l) file your changes will be demonstated.

Included above are a few screen snapshots of what you are getting... (change the text size to fit screen)Enjoy

Edited by joval 2019-11-25 4:45 AM

(pumpkin.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments a-best12HourCssChangeButH1.htm (4KB - 11 downloads)
Attachments a-best12HourCssChangeButH1.txt (4KB - 7 downloads)
Attachments pumpkin.jpg (62KB - 5 downloads)
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2019-11-25 9:21 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Looking much better. Well done. I think it just burnt my soul looking at it in Firefox though! lol.

How come you have gone for an 18 second refresh poll? It means the value can be up to 18 seconds late which might be disconcerting. Doing a 1second update shouldn't hurt performance.
 Top of the page
joval Page Icon Posted 2020-02-22 3:57 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Philosopher

That was supposed to be an 30 minute refresh....not 180 seconds! or 3 minutes. It should be changed to "setTimeout(reload,1800000)

That refresh was an optional one...I wanted the twilight and dawn CSS styles to change withing 30 minutes of the scheduled time...my thinking was something like that). oh, also, if you choose the solid color background , easily customizable by the way if your retina hasn't recovered, that refresh time determines how long it persists and then reverts to the image.

All in all though I have been using 2 of my 900C's as Date Time CLocks for many months now...they are holding up well, are nice to have around, and amount to the biggest use these little beasties have ever known!

I'll look into showing off some updated renditions...when I have time
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2020-02-25 6:10 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

You could try having it phase the solid colour. Start off with a light shade at dawn and then head down to a dark at dusk, followed by going through the greys overnight!
 Top of the page
hpc:factor« View previous thread · Handheld PC General Discussion · View next thread »

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [15 messages per page]

Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.093 - Cached queries : 59 - Executed queries : 12
Server Time now is: Monday, 25 May 2020 - 16:42