x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Review: GPD MicroPC

1 2 3
robertojones Page Icon Posted 2022-11-06 10:50 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

@Jake thank you for the tips re. the hinges - I don't think it will be too much of a problem to forgo 'tablet' mode on this machine, I've tried it a couple of times and it makes for quite an uncomfortable tablet, mostly due to its thickness and weight as compared to a 'real' tablet. The motion the hinges go through makes me a little uneasy as well. What I was looking for when I bought it was a laptop / HPC format device with a touchscreen, and it's a good match for these criteria. Using it without access to the keyboard seems a waste anyway to be honest - I'm still surprised by how pleasant it is to type on.

I'll be sure to update with any issues or annoyances I do encounter - One thing it does appear to lack is the option of a 'silent' mode with the fan off, though I've been a bit reluctant to experiment with this so far as it seems to involve flashing the embedded controller, which sounds a bit scary!

Top of the page Quote Reply
1 2 3
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 41 - Executed queries : 26