x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

DMCA "Request" www.rsclegacy.com

1 2
Grasshopper Page Icon Posted 2021-05-08 11:49 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

I know that this is waaaaay late. I have not visited this site in many years. (I'm here because I'm thinking about getting back into some CE tinkering and saw this.)

To those running this site, supporting it, moderating the forums, maintaining the repositories etc. I'd just like to say thank you for your dedication and hard work, truly! I was in my teens back then, a very immature one at best, messing around with my NEC mobilepro 900 in Cisco class 10th grade that I bought with grass cutting money! I ended up chatting with some of you on here because you always offered useful information and help if ever I had a question.. however boneheaded it was. After scanning the forums, I see that a lot of you are still very active, hats off to you! Rich Hawley, C Amie, CE Geek, the list goes on.

Background information - Runescape was developed by Andrew Gower at the University of Cambridge in the late 90's, now run by the company Jagex LTD, which this "lawyer" obviously has no affiliation with. It is a multi-million dollar success story, the game caught on, has had various iterations in the last two decades finally being ported to Android/iOS as well. Regarding the "lawyer" neither he nor his company invented the game, have any sort of argument as far as ownership, or belong anywhere near this website. In fact I'm unclear as to how they operate legally on the internet clearly stating that they have no affiliation with Jagex on their main page, yet have their own fork of the classic game? Perhaps the original game is open source now, it doesn't matter.

I hope that this goes without saying, but if you'd like me to remove any posts at all I can and most certainly will, if you'd like to remove any posts of mine (moderators), please don't hesitate. There was nothing illegal about what I was trying to do - key word "trying". I maintain full responsibility for being a 16 year old kid on the internet attempting to install a FREE game on my beloved handheld PC. - Thank you for bringing this to my attention.
 Top of the page Quote Reply
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2021-05-09 2:08 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I think you can see from my disdain and ire that you've done nothing wrong here and have nothing to apologise for. Mr. Brian Jackson Paralegal is a trumped up, ignorant hack, with demonstrably questionable legal knowledge who is out trying to create a revisionist version of the internet that is designed to please his (or his masters) version of revisionist history by threatening public interest, fair use and freedom of comment and criticism.

To which all I can add is that the absence of Mr. Brian Jackson Paralegal responding to the painfully obvious flaws in his lacklustre argument, lead me to speculate that he also recognises that he was attempting to use threats under pseudo-law to intimidate others to comply with his (or his masters) nonsense.

As far as I am concerned, you or any member of my community is free (and encouraged) to discuss RuneScape as much as you like.
 Top of the page Quote Reply
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 42 - Executed queries : 26