x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Verify failed of SSL unable to get local issuer certificate (20)

koenigssohn Page Icon Posted 2019-11-13 11:07 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

I have the same problem like nicmalone.

The internet connection works well.

When i configure npopuk an want to send/receive mails the following message appears:

"verify failed of SSL unable to get local issuer certificate (20)"

May be the needed SLL requirements are not given to Qmail or npopuk today ....

Is there any solution now (3 Years later) to use npopuk or qmail with a 720 and a gmail account? I found a lot of information in the forum, but no solution. If there is a link to a "cookbook" for npopuk or qmail i would be very happy.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2019-11-13 11:24 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I suspect that the question is whether or not nPOPuk supports SHA2 and 256 bit ciphers. If it doesn't, that'll be the problem and until its OpenSSL implementation is updated, it won't.
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2019-11-13 1:57 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
Try this version of npopuk for the J720, with built-in ssl's: npopuk301ssl_wce30arm.zip

Found at: https://npopuk.org.uk/3.01/downloads.html

Jake

Edit: I just tried to go into my google account through my J720/npopuk301 and was rejected. Had enable "less secure devices" in on-line gmail settings--that will be your judgment call.

When setting gmail, use their pop settings, tick SSL and in "setup" and "set ssl," use "auto" and untick "verify the server certificates."

Edited by Jake 2019-11-13 2:08 PM
 Top of the page
koenigssohn Page Icon Posted 2019-11-15 8:51 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hello C:Amie hello Jake,

at first thank you for the very fast support.

@Jake: i did it in the way you described an it works !!! GREAT

When Npopuk starts to download from the gmail server it began with the oldest mails from 2011. I found on the npopuk homepage the info to add "recent:" in front of my mailadress in the pop configuration window. So now it starts to download the newest mails.

There is only one thing i don´t understand. Maybe you both have an idea.

Connection WLAN (Cisco Aironet 350 PCMCIA CARD) to the Hotspot of my mobil: Npopuk works great!

Connection via LAN ( Xircom CE 100BTX PCMCIA CARD) i still get the Message "Verify of SSL failed unable to get local issuer certificate (20))
The card works well with Gsplayer or TCPMP when i use it for internetradio streaming ....
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2019-11-15 2:15 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
I can't imagine why that's happening. I access gmail via npopuk with a LAN card (basic sohoware LAN, using generic hpc2000 drivers). Do you have the cards set up differently in Control Panel?

Jake
 Top of the page
koenigssohn Page Icon Posted 2019-11-15 8:34 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

@Jake:

The card setup in network is exactly the same.

Use DHCP, No nameserver

Test with fix ip ..the same ...

@C:Amie:
I can´t test with Opera (See another thread from myself) The 30 day test is finished . It doesn´t work.

I think i have to look for another card. It is not so easy to find the compatible ones in germany .....

Top of the page
Albc Page Icon Posted 2021-09-19 3:08 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

Jake - 2019-11-13 2:57 PM

Try this version of npopuk for the J720, with built-in ssl's: npopuk301ssl_wce30arm.zip

Found at: https://npopuk.org.uk/3.01/downloads.html

Jake

Edit: I just tried to go into my google account through my J720/npopuk301 and was rejected. Had enable "less secure devices" in on-line gmail settings--that will be your judgment call.

When setting gmail, use their pop settings, tick SSL and in "setup" and "set ssl," use "auto" and untick "verify the server certificates."

THANKS! GMAIL WORKS ON HP JORNADA 720!
Just working to get last mail instead of the oldest ones.

Edited by Albc 2021-09-19 3:10 PM
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.158 - Cached queries : 63 - Executed queries : 10