x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

New Peakago 7 inch laptop

1 2 3
Alt Bass Page Icon Posted 2019-12-27 3:26 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

I got it and it turned out that it had a stylus and was 2S instead of 2, so it was a better deal than I thought (I paid 37k of fossil rubles).
From just two days of little usage:
- the fan is obnoxious bitch even when quietened with Fn+Esc but I did not do anything to fix it yet (undervolt and reduce CPU speed in power settings) and also I did not intend to use it in quite rooms so this is not a huge issue
- the fan is regulated in just 4 discrete steps - off, annoying, ludicrious and satanic (with rapid spin-ups and -downs)
- the screen is IPS and it lights the keyboard well since IPS has good viewing angles. When it was not sufficient while I was using it in dark room I used my face as a moon to light the keyboard, works pretty damn well.
- it's matching Core 2 Duo E8500 stock in cinebench R15 with satanic fan setting at roughly 1,6 GHz
- Alt+F4 seems to not work for some obscure reason. I did not do the research to see of if it's BIOS bug, OS bug or key roll over
- for some obscure reason it fails to shut down under certain conditions - for example, it typically does not shut down right after the power up, the sreen goes off and then it hangs up.
- some downloads are 404 on their website and their support is not responding through the contact form
- it's next to impossible to do a tap with the optical mouse without moving the cursor and 100% impossible to do double tap without moving the cursor

Also, I did not mention but I asked Peakago support some questions and they said:
- USB-C does not output video
- Fn and Ctrl cannot be swapped

Peakago definitely is no-no for me for these reasons.

Edited by Alt Bass 2019-12-27 3:35 PM
 Top of the page
Alt Bass Page Icon Posted 2019-12-27 3:31 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Also, Windows 10 is a disgrace in many regards in it's stock condition.
 Top of the page
Alt Bass Page Icon Posted 2019-12-27 7:12 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

It also looks very much like fan has sleeve bearing (it looks somewhat worn as it it can be tilted slightly), I will know for sure when I need to service it.

Edited by Alt Bass 2019-12-27 7:13 PM
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2019-12-27 9:43 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
Yeah, when GPD went from a track point to optical mouse, that was a real blow; everybody else followed. Initially, the P2 wasn't going to have a tracking device at all, but there were complaints, and they substituted the optical mouse, a piece of hardware that has never truly worked on any device in history.

Win10 stinks on every umpc; the entire os is really just for watching downloaded netflix. Find a Linux flavor you're happy with (or can learn--post back and I can give you some ideas) and the machine will run much faster, better, and cooler.

Re: noisy fan--check the gpd reddit forum. Somebody there replaced a OneMix fan with an Apple fan and it romped, apparently. In fact, I think it's for sale on ebay.

Congrats and welcome to the uneven world of current umpc's,
Jake
 Top of the page
Alt Bass Page Icon Posted 2019-12-28 6:07 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

I used the trackpoint and oh my gosh it's unusable for me. I play shooters with mouse set to low sensitivity and no acceleration and driving the cursor like a car when the steering wheel (the thumb) is a jelly is annoying at least.

I like optical mouse much more except I could not double tap with it until now. I actually found a correcty position of finger to double-tap it.

Edited by Alt Bass 2019-12-28 6:11 AM
 Top of the page
Alt Bass Page Icon Posted 2019-12-28 9:02 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

I mean, I am used to movement of cursor being translated from movement of my arm and fingers, not from their position.

Edited by Alt Bass 2019-12-28 9:16 AM
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2019-12-28 2:53 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

I don't game so the trackpoint's accuracy, albeit slow, is more important to me. Another thing that bothers me about models beyond the Pocket 1 is the abandonment of the Right Shift key. Whenever I consider a P1 upgrade, I'm always looking at how to remap the keyboard and never finding a proper route for a Right Shift.

Jake
 Top of the page
Adanroj Page Icon Posted 2019-12-29 2:38 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Alt Bass - 2019-12-27 3:26 PM

- it's next to impossible to do a tap with the optical mouse without moving the cursor and 100% impossible to do double tap without moving the cursor

You could install AutoHotkey on it and map a key or key combination to double tap thereby allowing you do double tap without moving the cursor. Myself, I'm not interested in running Windows 10 on ANY machine.
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2019-12-29 3:08 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

That's an intriguing idea. I don't know why I'm surprised--AHK can do pretty much anything

Jake
 Top of the page
Alt Bass Page Icon Posted 2019-12-29 1:07 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Adanroj - 2019-12-29 5:38 AM

Alt Bass - 2019-12-27 3:26 PM

You could install AutoHotkey on it and map a key or key combination to double tap thereby allowing you do double tap without moving the cursor. Myself, I'm not interested in running Windows 10 on ANY machine.

There are mouse buttons near the optical sensor it so it would be a total overkill.
 Top of the page
Adanroj Page Icon Posted 2019-12-29 3:04 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Glad you were able to find a correct finger position to do the double-tap without needing to resort to mapping to a key.
 Top of the page
1 2 3
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 67 - Executed queries : 10