x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

How can I restart the Platform Manager Server?

Adanroj Page Icon Posted 2020-01-08 4:13 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

When debugging using eVC, I occasionally get the error "The Platform Manager Server failed". Usually this is caused by suspending my laptop without exiting out of eVC. Occasionally it may be caused by other things like accidentally suspending the HPC. Is it possible to restart the Platform Manager Server without rebooting? So far that is all I have found to make the error go away.
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2020-01-09 9:00 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

I've used eVC before a bit, but can you force quit via Task Manager and see what happens?

I remember my times with eVB was pretty troublesome in connection as well.
 Top of the page
Adanroj Page Icon Posted 2020-01-09 7:52 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Not sure what I did, but I managed to get it to a point where even with a reboot, the error persisted so I uninstalled and reinstalled the eVT including SDKs and ActiveSync as well just for good measure. I then relocated project files to a VirtualBox shared folder and verified all working fine before saving a snapshot of my CE development virtual machine. Now if it goes haywire, I can just close the virtual machine, selecting to restore the snapshot and then power the virtual machine back on. Even quicker than rebooting and MUCH quicker than reinstalling. I had tried ending several processes with the task manager but I'm not sure which one corresponds to the Platform Manager Server. I thought it was one of the svchost.exe processes and it may well be. I killed several and eventually killed the wrong one which resulted in a "You really messed up and we're shutting down in like 30 seconds, dude, so close and save quickly" (paraphrased because I don't remember the actual text) dialog box.
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2020-01-10 3:10 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

I don't know if these are relevant for you:

https://www.modaco.com/forums/topic/203320-evc40-problem-platform-ma...
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/microsoft.public.win32.progr...

And also I was reading this:

"You must use eVC 3.0 and an appropriate SDK for debugging/deployment on Windows CE 3.0-based devices. eVC 4.0 only works with CE 4.0 or later devices (you need at least SP1 for CE 4.1, SP3 for CE 4.1 and 4.2, and SP4 for CE 4.1, 4.2 and 5.0 - SP2 added 4.2 support but removed support for 4.1!) There were some changes in the OS's debugging support between v3.0 and 4.0.

It's recommended to install eVC 3.0 before 4.0 if you have the choice, but it should work if you install 3.0 after 4.0.

Download eVC 3.0 from here[^]. That includes the Pocket PC 2002 SDK."

from https://www.codeproject.com/Messages/1866031/Platform-Manager-server...

Are you using eVC 3.0 or 4.0?
Also, I remember vaguely that Activesync partnership name had something to do with my connections problems. Maybe that is a hint.

Edited by stingraze 2020-01-10 3:32 AM
 Top of the page
Adanroj Page Icon Posted 2020-01-13 3:56 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

I'm using eVC 3.0 and the HPC 2000 SDK. The connection is working, it just stops working if I do stupid stuff and possibly it would very infrequently stop working for some other reason, but I haven't run into that yet. I just have to do what we should all be doing all the time anyway...try not to do stupid stuff.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 44 - Executed queries : 28