x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Bought a CHEAP Chromebook Yesterday

Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2020-04-03 6:15 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

So, I went by the Goodwill computer corner yesterday and found a great little Chromebook for only $10.00... It was just missing a battery. This is a nice little unit. It is an ASUS C300MA-DB01 13.3" screen. Light as can be... I looked up replacement batteries and I can get one for <$50. Anyway I plan on keeping this at my work desk in case I need to use it at work.

Edited by Yoldering 2020-04-03 7:00 PM
 Top of the page
HPC:Fan Page Icon Posted 2020-04-03 7:50 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Huh, congrats. Looking at reviews it looks like you got a bargain. You gonna try to run Android apps on it?
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2020-04-04 3:02 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
Well done! You might slapping a Linux flavor on it. I've done that with my two Chromebooks.

Jake
 Top of the page
joval Page Icon Posted 2020-04-04 3:50 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Sensei

In the 1960's it was common to steal Chrome hubcaps...spinners if you can remember them. https://www.pinterest.com/pin/463448617874216378/ Nowadays, some hombres are a stealin' chome books!!! Welcome aboard Desperado!!! What would Jed and Granny be a sayin' bout that! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UR-gm5KMEYk

Edited by joval 2020-04-04 4:00 AM
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2020-04-05 4:01 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

I have never really looked into messing with the Chromebooks. I was just planning on using this as a browser at work. My work network blocks a lot of random stuff. Part of my job is to do a lot of research. I may experiment with Linux with this though...
 Top of the page
Ebgy Page Icon Posted 2020-04-20 10:20 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

10$ is really seductive price, try to find battery that is used or ask among your friends, but if you couldn't find I advice you to sell, because it would be in your shelf for thousand years. When I had a property in Spain I finally decided to sell it as it was far from the places I liked.

Edited by C:Amie - Search engine referral link spam removed. Please don't use our board for your SEO optimisation ambitions
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.125 - Cached queries : 63 - Executed queries : 9