x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

[REQ:GLOBAL] Platform Builder 3.0 Trial or Platform Builder 3.0 Add-on Pack Installer

C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2020-04-27 5:07 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Does anyone out there have the ISOs or CD's to make the ISOs for Windows CE 3.0 Platform Builder?

Most aren't aware, but there were two released of Platform Builder 3.0, the original one in 2000 and a second one after 2001. The second one had a second set of install executables on that which added the "Platform Builder 3.0 Add-on Pack" / "Windows CE 3.0 Add-on Pack". This added a bunch of fixes to the CE 3 core as well as new features and additional BSPs for Platform Builder.

The add-on pack is necessary to patch platform builder as Microsoft dropped support for the original version and offered all existing owners the update for free. Unfortunately, it has never materialised anywhere online.
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2020-04-27 10:33 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

I have a MSDN DVD-ROM that had a lot of development tools from Microsoft for Windows CE etc. I will see if I can find it.
 Top of the page
smb_gaiden Page Icon Posted 2020-04-28 5:46 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Checked my MSDN yesterday and it was 2.1 (maybe 2.12?) from January 2000.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2020-04-29 10:08 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

No, this was an additional set of installers added to the PB3.0 media when it was re-released
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.125 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 9