x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Wifi Setup MobilePro 790 + Dwl-650

Doctuh Page Icon Posted 2020-05-05 7:43 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hello all, I'm new to the forum but not so new to HPC's. I've had my Mp790 for years and eventually it made it into deep storage for about 10 years and now I'm back at it trying to use it and a "low distraction" writing tool. Problem is I wasn't that good at the hardcore technical end of things back then so now, I'm trying to get my D-link wireless card setup and most the resources I can find I cannot follow through because the links have gone stale or they rely on resources that are no longer viable (i.e. installing activesync on a win 10 machine). I can live without out if need be it just helps if I can quickly look up a reference on the device rather than whipping out my phone and subjecting myself to notifications I really need to ignore...lol

I don't have a sync cable

I do have mediums for data transfer

I do have the original install CD

My card is a revision J (I think)

Can someone give me layman's instructions on how to step by step get this card to work?

Thanks a million. This site is looking to be a treasure trove!
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2020-05-05 10:14 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

If you don't get it working… but it should, but if you don't…let me know. Have other wifi cards…

Remember these old machines use WEP only, not WPA security… and to troubleshoot your card I'd use an open wifi signal initially.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2020-05-06 5:39 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

That card requires the Prism reference driver to work:

https://www.hpcfactor.com/support/cesd/h/0028.asp
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 41 - Executed queries : 28