x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

PocketPuTTY Sources

Karpour Page Icon Posted 2020-05-12 3:13 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Philosopher

I just googled for the PocketPuTTY sources, and of course landed back here, the only place that would actually still host them, HPC:Factor is really a blessing!

It turns out the source code dump is actually a complete snapshot of the SVN repository, without any working directory.

Files are here: https://www.hpcfactor.com/scl/1039/Ale_Berka/PocketPuTTY/version_200...

I barely have experience with SVN, so I wondered if anyone can convert it to a git repo, which we then can host on the official HPC:Factor GitHub. Since it's open source software, that's not a problem
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2021-11-01 2:52 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

I know this post is over an year old, but when I have time, I will try to convert the svn to git and maybe upload it to my GitHub so someone can fork it to HPC:Factor's GitHub repository.

Here's something I might use (if doing this svn to git conversion on Windows environment)
https://alastaircrabtree.com/converting-an-svn-repository-to-git-on-...
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2021-11-01 3:32 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

That was a lucky archival grab on may part. I never usually, I just happened to have it on disk.

Stingraze, feel free to upload it directly to the HPC:Factor GitHub. PM me your user details and I'll add you as a contributor.
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2021-11-01 7:04 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
I had not realized that there even was a PocketPutty. Just tried it out the exe with a J-720 and a HTC Advantage X7501 (WinMo 6.0). Exe works in both.

For those telnetting, try lynx.scramworks.net (telnet, port 23) and you'll be able to browse with lynx.

SSLs are a little out-of-date, but I got through some of hpcfactor.com by choosing to ignore/accept all secuirty issues. Politico.com, for example, complains of ssl issues in lynx/Zaurus SL-1000, but in PP, I got through all of it.

Jake
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2021-11-02 12:39 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

Jake, it's nice you could get it working. Does it work on modern ssh servers?

I have uploaded all source of Pocket Putty to:
https://github.com/HPC-Factor/pocketputty-source/

I used this tool for conversion. Very useful.
https://github.com/nirvdrum/svn2git
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2021-11-02 9:51 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Jake - 2021-11-01 7:04 PM
SSLs are a little out-of-date, but I got through some of hpcfactor.com by choosing to ignore/accept all secuirty issues. Politico.com, for example, complains of ssl issues in lynx/Zaurus SL-1000, but in PP, I got through all of it.
Is that a root certificate problem or an openssl problem?

I imagine one would be easier to resolve than the other.
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2021-11-02 2:37 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

I think it's certificate issue. On my Sharp, the lynx is old, so politico.com won't open at all due to openssl error.

Whereas with PP and hpcfactor.com, I get: SSL error: unable to get local issuer certificate--Continue?

Say yes, and from there, you have to agree to a lot of cookies, but you can eventually get to a specific page.

Jake
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2021-11-02 2:39 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Hi, stingraze--I don't have access to an ssh server, sorry. I just telnet.

Jake
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2021-11-02 5:34 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Jake - 2021-11-02 2:37 PM

I think it's certificate issue. On my Sharp, the lynx is old, so politico.com won't open at all due to openssl error.

Whereas with PP and hpcfactor.com, I get: SSL error: unable to get local issuer certificate--Continue?

Say yes, and from there, you have to agree to a lot of cookies, but you can eventually get to a specific page.

Jake
We're Let's Encrypt. Is there anything obvious in the repository that looks like a public key bundle?
 Top of the page
cgallaty Page Icon Posted 2021-11-02 6:42 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

This may be helpful: https://www.bearssl.org/ At some point I need to take the dive into SSL/SSH code. Some of this is getting the code going, but other bits are getting this running at the limited chip speeds and in the memory on hand. The issue is that security is working against us here as the bar keeps going up.
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2021-11-02 7:42 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

>> We're Let's Encrypt. Is there anything obvious in the repository that looks like a public key bundle? <<

Not sure I know enough to figure that out. Do you have HyperTerminal lurking on your desktop? You could go to lynx.scramworks.net and see what's up. If only b/c it's very cool The last of the lynx/telnet on the internet, I think.

Jake
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2021-11-03 9:11 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

Jake - 2021-11-03 4:42 AM

>> We're Let's Encrypt. Is there anything obvious in the repository that looks like a public key bundle? <<

Not sure I know enough to figure that out. Do you have HyperTerminal lurking on your desktop? You could go to lynx.scramworks.net and see what's up. If only b/c it's very cool The last of the lynx/telnet on the internet, I think.

Jake

Wow. Didn't know about lynx.scramworks.net.
I tried on my Macbook Air, it's very nice.
Will have to see if it will work on my H/PC devices.

Edited by stingraze 2021-11-03 9:11 AM

(hpcfactor-telnet-lynx.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments hpcfactor-telnet-lynx.jpg (46KB - 1 downloads)
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.186 - Cached queries : 70 - Executed queries : 9