x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

I have CMonex's Custom ROM for MP900 if needed

joval Page Icon Posted 2020-05-16 7:43 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Sensei

I just noticed that the CMonex Custom ROM for the MP900 and 900c isn't listed in the ROM upgrade section... I have the original zip file and I can detail the instructions on how to install/flash it (assuming you have the 4.10 boot loader), using the C+F key approach if needed.

It makes a world of difference...for any of you MP900 owners... so many useful apps included with it, etc.

So, unless it's already here hidden away, I can upload it if desired.

Anyone interested??
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2020-05-16 9:57 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Joval,

We've never had cmonex's permission to host it in H/PC:Update. The ROMs are hosted on http://repository.hpcfactor.com/ however. If you want to submit other files to go in that repository, please PM me.
 Top of the page
Karpour Page Icon Posted 2020-05-16 9:46 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Philosopher

Does anyone have contact with cmonex? I wrote them an email a while ago, but no response sadly :/
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2020-05-16 10:34 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

No, with great sadness, I'm not. She's moved on to greener pastures.
 Top of the page
joval Page Icon Posted 2020-05-20 10:44 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Sensei

FYI the Cmonex repository files only contain the custom ROM files (with a list off all the included "apps")...It does not include the BootLoader Upgrade. That can be found here in the download section (with standard CE.net ROM included).

Say... Rich, please weigh in here a bit...you know this stuff backwards and forwards, n'est-ce pas?
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2020-05-21 12:58 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

The reason the ROM doesn't contain the bootloader upgrade is because if you try to flash the 900 under the old bootloader you may brick your unit. The old bootloader would flash your new bootloader and OS into the wrong memory address.

Installing the proper bootloader is critical before installing any ROM version. And it must be installed by itself individually before flashing the OS image. If you carefully read Monica's "Kitchen" flash guide she explains it pretty thoroughly.

The various flash ROMS we have here, the HPC2000, the stock CE.NET 4.2, and the CMONEX versions all have the universally functional bootloader built into the flash so that from that point on you can reflash to any version you desire.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 44 - Executed queries : 29