x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Lenovo chromebook duet

1 2
thcrw739 Page Icon Posted 2020-05-22 10:29 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

I never thought i would touch a lenovo product again, but the size and function i had to try it and it's pretty awesome, its small enough to bring me back to that hpcish feel with out being overpriced ..Got it today but so far the impressions are awesome.

Reviews all over are pretty much verifying my feelings as well.

https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/coming-soon/Lenovo-CT-X636/p/ZZICZCTCT1...

got the $299 128gb version, there is also a 64gb $279 version. As far as i can tell best buy was the only ones with it and they sold out for now.

Just thought i would put it out there...

Top of the page
HPC:Fan Page Icon Posted 2020-05-23 12:32 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

Hey, saw these myself and thought they were nice. Like you, I've had issues with Lenovo. Their CS is utter trash. How's the keyboard feel?
 Top of the page
thcrw739 Page Icon Posted 2020-05-23 12:57 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

HPC:Fan - 2020-05-22 4:32 PM

Hey, saw these myself and thought they were nice. Like you, I've had issues with Lenovo. Their CS is utter trash. How's the keyboard feel?

Keyboard feels nice really decent quality for the included price, track pad is nice as well... A lot of folks only complaint is it feels cramped but, i'm completely ok with it..I mean for the size, what were they expecting? I'm a two finger and thumb type anyway...
 Top of the page
HPC:Fan Page Icon Posted 2020-05-23 12:58 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

Nice. I heard that complaint too, but I touch type on a small keyboard anyway. Is the trackpad big?
 Top of the page
thcrw739 Page Icon Posted 2020-05-23 1:10 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

Its a reasonable size i think, its measures 3 1/2 inches horizontal x 2 inches vertical
 Top of the page
ntware Page Icon Posted 2020-05-23 2:55 AM
#
H/PC Elite

This looks like another Surface “remake”. Honestly, on my opinion surface has nothing to do with HPCs. Where is the clamshell design? What about the ultra-wide touch screen? Pocket size? When the subject is modern HPCs I’m more inclined to a Gemini/Cosmo or one of the GPD beauties.

Anyway, if you’re a Surface style fan, there are tons of Chinese surface clones out there. You can check the cool ones at techtablets.com
 Top of the page
thcrw739 Page Icon Posted 2020-05-23 1:13 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

ntware - 2020-05-22 6:55 PM

This looks like another Surface “remake”. Honestly, on my opinion surface has nothing to do with HPCs. Where is the clamshell design? What about the ultra-wide touch screen? Pocket size? When the subject is modern HPCs I’m more inclined to a Gemini/Cosmo or one of the GPD beauties.

Anyway, if you’re a Surface style fan, there are tons of Chinese surface clones out there. You can check the cool ones at techtablets.com

Gemini/Cosmo, GPD are way more expensive..Runs chrome os/android/linux... Uses arm (risc)processor..smaller thinner and lighter than most surface style if that's what you are referring too when you say clone.....EDIT: Oh yeah and supported by Google for updates till 2028

Edited by thcrw739 2020-05-23 1:42 PM

(IMG_20200522_135745_8[1].jpg)

(IMG_20200522_135735_6[1].jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_20200522_135745_8[1].jpg (3536KB - 0 downloads)
Attachments IMG_20200522_135735_6[1].jpg (3533KB - 0 downloads)
 Top of the page
HPC:Fan Page Icon Posted 2020-05-23 2:17 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Ok, that's a bigger touch pad than I thought. Looks nice and congrats on the toy
 Top of the page
thcrw739 Page Icon Posted 2020-05-23 7:53 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

HPC:Fan - 2020-05-23 6:17 AM

Ok, that's a bigger touch pad than I thought. Looks nice and congrats on the toy

Thanks, Used it for a bit in keyboard mode and tablet mode last night...really enjoying it.
 Top of the page
ntware Page Icon Posted 2020-05-25 3:45 PM
#
H/PC Elite

thcrw739 - 2020-05-23 8:13 AM
Gemini/Cosmo, GPD are way more expensive..Runs chrome os/android/linux... Uses arm (risc)processor..smaller thinner and lighter than most surface style if that's what you are referring too when you say clone.....EDIT: Oh yeah and supported by Google for updates till 2028

I see that you’re still in honeymoon with your new device. Don’t get me wrong, it seems to be a pretty cool gadget. I also love when I get new toys. =}

My point here is not that it is better/worse than a Surface, but that “Surface-class” devices (i.e. devices with a detachable cover with keyboard built in) doesn’t follow (in my opinion) the HPC style. I like it when the device’s keyboard is fixed in the body and when the screen is a bit more wide to follow the format of the keyboard. My favorite devices in this category are the Sony Vaio P and the Jornada 720/728. I also own a Gemini, and had also previously owned a GPD Pocket 1. The Gemini is great, an almost perfect Jornada substitute if it weren’t for a couple flaws in its keyboard and Linux OS. The GPD is more on the Sony Vaio P side, but I think the screen is a little too small for Windows usage. I would like it better if they had made the screen a little bit larger (wider). Also, GPD’s keyboard is HORRIBLE! And it is true, both GPD and Gemini are crazy expensive.

But anyway, I don’t want to hijack your post. This Lenovo is pretty cool! Happy honeymoon!
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2020-05-25 7:01 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I don't mind a detachable keyboard. The ultimate point is to maximize both mobility and input options. A lot of cool CE devices came without keyboards.
 Top of the page
thcrw739 Page Icon Posted 2020-05-25 8:33 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

'
Larger (wider). Also, GPD’s keyboard is HORRIBLE! And it is true, both GPD and Gemini are crazy e
xpensive.
But anyway, I don’t want to hijack your post. This Lenovo is pretty cool! Happy honeymoon! '

I guess if i really think back my point is i liked the Jornada 820, The Ibm..and other equivalents.those were more my style and maybe that's what i mean by hpc like.

Edited by thcrw739 2020-05-25 8:43 PM
 Top of the page
thcrw739 Page Icon Posted 2020-06-03 12:49 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

bump ;D
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2020-06-21 1:13 AM
#
H/PC Elder

I just recently learned about this model too. reviews are quite favourable. like this:
https://www.laptopmag.com/reviews/lenovo-chromebook-duet

Chrome OS has been getting more and more acceptable... i think it leaped forward a lot in popularity when it became compatible with android apps.

What i like about the platform is both google and third party support. and since i was forced to switch to android after windows phone completely died, there are now integrated features in my android phone for chromebooks, such as sharing connection and files.

its a mobile platform from the get go so you wont have inconveniences with taking a "desktop" os such as windows with u. things like instant on, long battery life and background process management are simply lacking when u r on a traditional laptop. these are also reasons why we like windows ce.

yet its not a phone or tablet platform - it is designed for productivity and some multitasking. yes it had a bumpy start... originally it was viewed as a laptop that only worked online, and kinda useless offline. nowadays thats not true anymore, and even if it was that is not an issue if u have an android phone with a good data plan.

That being said i havent owned a chromebook yet. i have just been thinking about getting one for quite some time, and this model is very tempting. altho i was actually looking at the other end of the size spectrum... something like the 14 inch lenovo.
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2020-06-21 10:10 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

I used to own a ASUS Chromebook C101P until last year. It was pretty good build, and the small-factor was indeed good.
But I use a Macbook Pro for most of my on-the-go work, as a programmer not having Sublime Text is a no-no, lol.
Also, the screen was a little too small to do decent programming...

I did however play some light games on it, that was enjoyable.

The dream Chromebook would have been Chromebook Pixel with a little more storage.
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.265 - Cached queries : 54 - Executed queries : 30