x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Raspberry Pi 4 Model B

stingraze Page Icon Posted 2020-06-18 8:17 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

So, the other day, I went on a short trip to Tokyo's famous Akihabara, the electronics town.
I bought a Raspberry Pi 4 Model B 4GB along with a colorful fan.

I installed CentOS 7 on it, and doing some server experiments and stuff.

Here's the video of it.

Top of the page
Karpour Page Icon Posted 2020-06-18 10:45 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Philosopher

I have one in my house running openHABian! If you're into home automation and don't want to be at the mercy of Google, Amazon, etc, openHAB is absolutelty worth checking out, and it's fairly easy to set up and very powerful!
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2020-06-18 12:37 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

RGB Raspberry Pi
 Top of the page
smb_gaiden Page Icon Posted 2020-06-18 5:08 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Nice fan!
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2020-06-19 1:21 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Karpour - 2020-06-18 7:45 PM

I have one in my house running openHABian! If you're into home automation and don't want to be at the mercy of Google, Amazon, etc, openHAB is absolutelty worth checking out, and it's fairly easy to set up and very powerful!

Cool. Thanks for the information. Does that mean I can control smart home equipments that are cheaply out there without using Google & Amazon? Interesting.

C:Amie - 2020-06-18 9:37 PM

RGB Raspberry Pi

Yep. That was the exact reaction when I first saw the fan. lol

smb_gaiden - 2020-06-19 2:08 AM

Nice fan!

Thanks!

Edited by stingraze 2020-06-19 1:22 AM
 Top of the page
robertojones Page Icon Posted 2020-06-20 12:17 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I'm very interested to see what you end up doing with the Pi 4, not least because I have a spare one here waiting for a good use.

The biggest problem I have is that for the common Raspberry Pi type of jobs (various types of low-powered server) it feels like a bit of a 'waste' with all the extra processing power that this version has (Granted, it's much more of a waste having it doing nothing like mine is). Probably doesn't seem so overpowered if you're doing more ambitious things than running 3D printers and syncing files though.

Anyway, I'll be watching this thread with interest. If my experience is anything to go by you'll definitely appreciate the cooling fan!
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2020-06-21 2:37 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Thank you for the comment.

I'm at the moment trying to see if I can get a Solr search server to work correctly under CentOS 7 which is working on a Intel Xeon based VPS I am renting, but not yet on the Raspberry Pi 4. (I got the Solr server to work but have to fix some things.) I will let you know if my attempt succeeds.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.169 - Cached queries : 64 - Executed queries : 9