x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Jornada 720 and Embedded tools 3 transfer problem

1 2
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2020-07-24 6:11 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

Yep. For Jornada 720, you will need SDK for HPC2000.
https://www.hpcfactor.com/downloads/1663/HPC2000_SDK

Hope you can download it soon.

Edited by stingraze 2020-07-24 6:11 AM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2020-07-24 10:38 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

crosswinds - 2020-07-23 5:30 PM

ntware, thanks for the info. But that already works for me. In both C++ and VB. I can compile the programs and transfer them manually. However i really would like to be able to easily debug it on real hardware, since i plan to program for use a serial connected peripheral.

C:Amie,
Well, i have all the SDKs included in embedded visual tools 3. HPC Pro(i thought this was the Jornada), Palm-Size PC 1.2, and Pocket PC.
However if there is a fourth, Called "HPC2000 SDK" That is separate from the visual tools suite. Then i dont have it. I see that it is available here from the site.
Will try it out

Did a donation to be able to access the downloads. Dont know when it goes active though..

Thanks for the donation, I process them manually, so thanks for your patience.
 Top of the page
crosswinds Page Icon Posted 2020-07-27 9:33 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hello!

Thank you, and also happy to donate, this site is a great resource.

Now with the correct SDK i atleast got a bit further, however there is still a problem.

I did a screen capture with my crappy phone of when trying to test the connection in EVC++. Hope you can bear it, and maybe see how far/short it comes in the process this time.

it sits like the end of the video for a couple of minutes until it fails with "Unable to connect to the device, make sure you have the correct underlying transport (eg active sync)"

Any ideas? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YymN98GJn70

This behaviour is replicable both a physical machine and also a virtualbox install of 2k. Exactly the same behaviour.
 Top of the page
smb_gaiden Page Icon Posted 2020-07-27 10:13 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

In your dropdown box it says you're targetting Windows CE 2.11. Your device is a different version. Make them match!
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2020-07-28 9:59 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Have you messed with the baud rates on the COM ports at all? Either device or client side.
 Top of the page
crosswinds Page Icon Posted 2020-07-28 4:04 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

smb_gaiden, In this case, i am using the test routine available, and there i choose the correct platform. So i dont think that should matter. But i did test both now, no difference.

C:Amie, No they are "stock" on both PCs and also the jornada itself. And, active sync works normally, i can install the apps manually, and transfer files to and from the jornada without problem.
Iam using USB via the dock. Wonder if that can mess with this?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2020-07-29 9:55 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I shouldn't think so, not that I ever recall using USB with eVT3 myself mind.

Can you try a TCP/IP transport to 192.168.55.101?
 Top of the page
crosswinds Page Icon Posted 2020-07-29 8:36 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

The "Platform manager configuration" does not allow me to specify any IP-adress, if that was what you thought about? However using TCP/IP there results in about the same results as active-sync.
This is very strange.. Wonder if there is something with my 2k install. Would a XP-install be better? I do also have an NT 4.0 disc lying around here somewere.
 Top of the page
smb_gaiden Page Icon Posted 2020-07-29 9:27 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

crosswinds - 2020-07-29 12:36 PM

The "Platform manager configuration" does not allow me to specify any IP-adress, if that was what you thought about? However using TCP/IP there results in about the same results as active-sync.
This is very strange.. Wonder if there is something with my 2k install. Would a XP-install be better? I do also have an NT 4.0 disc lying around here somewere.

Unsure. The screenshot of my env before was XP.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2020-07-30 3:24 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

It should work fine under Windows 2000. I take it you are running SP4 etc?

I am sure that I used it successfully with ActiveSync 3.8... but perhaps try using v2.2 https://www.hpcfactor.com/downloads/details.asp?r={96373488-1D36-4FC...

Top of the page
crosswinds Page Icon Posted 2020-07-31 11:10 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Yes its SP4..

Well iam running out of ideas.

Will try it with a regular RS-232 cable instead of USB. If that is a no go, i will dig out my XP disc!

Edited by crosswinds 2020-07-31 11:10 PM
 Top of the page
Shiunbird Page Icon Posted 2020-08-19 4:21 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Are you still having the problem?

It works fine for me. Windows 2000 fully patched, USB-to-Serial converter (attached to the VM using VirtualBox), for my Aero 8000 via serial

On my Jornada 720, I have mapped the USB device identifier on VirtualBox so, once I connect the USB port, the device tries 3-4 times to connect until VirtualBox captures it, and then it works perfectly fine and stays online.

I am on ActiveSync 3.8. I haven't tried it via LAN yet. I have a LAN card on the way - it should arrive tomorrow.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2020-08-20 10:46 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I must admit that I'm at a loss on this one too. I've never recall having this problem when I was active.
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.25 - Cached queries : 69 - Executed queries : 10