x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Possessed MP700

ict Page Icon Posted 2020-08-26 6:28 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Hi guys,

I recently picked up a MobilePro 700 from an auction, described as non-working due to a keyboard issue. I was hoping for something like a stuck power button or loose contact, but upon arrival it proved to be a little weirder; it'll boot up and work just fine but hitting a key causes it to stick and repeat endlessly until the system is power cycled, after which the next key you press will do the same.

I've tried all of my usual fixes and troubleshooting, including reseating the ribbon cables and even totally stripping the system down and placing electrical tape between the contact layers to make sure it wasn't some kind of spacing issue, but all of this was to no avail. It seems to do this with every key except the power/backlight keys.

Anyone ever seen a MobilePro do something like this? I'm a little out of my element on this one...

Thanks for reading!
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2020-08-27 1:57 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Sounds like a hardware issue…without a keyboard swap it is hard to pinpoint the issue. Can you load a virtual on-screen keyboard and see what happens?
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.125 - Cached queries : 59 - Executed queries : 9