x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

WOW.. Great website. Glad I found it ;)

CellPhoneArcheology Page Icon Posted 2020-09-18 10:22 PM
#
Avatar image of CellPhoneArcheology
H/PC Newbie

I am more a WindowsMobile and WindowsPhone aficionado as it were. and little less CE.. ( it was just a bit before I got into the devices.. )

But have starting getting a few CE items in my collection ( Currently playing with a Jornada 690 ).

To make a short story long..

I have a ample collection and noticed, unlike the 8Bit fans and the Commodore and even 386/486 Collectors and fans.. seems there wasn't much out there for Windows Mobile ( How I missed this site I do not know.. )

So I started a page on Facebook, along with a Group, and am going to start a YouTube Channel.

Figured post this first before putting up links..

Anyway, great to find this forum.. anyone know if anything like it exists for Windows Mobile ? Would there be any issue with maybe creating a WM and even possibly a WP section here ?

Thanks for the list on the PCMCIA cards and what works on the Jornadas.. I wasnt sure they could even do WiFi.. now that I know they can. I will start playing with that.

Top of the page Quote Reply
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2020-09-19 8:54 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Moved to HPC:Factor Related Discussion

Hi and welcome.

We have never dealt with the Pocket PC, the PPC had plenty of community out there, but the H/PC was already in trouble even by 2003 when we consolidated rebranded as HPC:Factor. None of the engines on the site are designed to support PPC content, and if we did H/PC content would become marginalised by it - which is precisely what happened to the original H/PC community in the first place. Consequently we have never supported PPC/WM so that we can remain loyal to the fanbase.
CellPhoneArcheology Page Icon Posted 2020-09-19 4:31 PM
#
Avatar image of CellPhoneArcheology
H/PC Newbie

Understood.. but funny thing now is You guys survived as a community.

Very little out there I can find for WM as far as an active community.

Curious how much different is the CE kernel to the WM kernel... I thought they were just derivatives of the other. Like Win98 to WinXP all based in x86 or is that a misconception ?
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2020-09-19 4:47 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

They are the same, PPC2000 was CE 3.0, PPC2003 was CE 4.2, WM2005 was CE 5.0.

The userland was however completely different, the available API's were thus different as the shell was incompatible on a like for like basis - although similar, hence the ability to stub the differences. I don't have any particular objection to adding legacy forums for them, but I'm not going to modify the rest of the site and I have no personal interest in providing tech support to PPC users, I never have. So it's a question of finding knowledgable people who wants to moderate, provide support and be there long-term; not sign up on a whim because it sounds good and flit out of existence in 3 weeks time.
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 9