x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

On this day...

Moderators: C:Amie

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [15 messages per page]

C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2020-10-20 1:12 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

hpcboy - 2020-10-20 5:40 AM

Having registered for about a month, I already find this communiy is a real exception among all the places about vintage devices I used to go. All those forums about mini notebooks (libretto, antique mini thinkpads) and Palm PDAs were long gone. Despite the relatively small number of active members, the organization of resources here is simply top notch. Non-intrusive and ad-free, quite to the contrary of what M$ does.
On the other hand, being basically non-FB i am not interested in the small handheld related groups out there. Never got used to the transient and disorganized communications. Useful info is all over the place and is a real pain to track down, not to mention the dreadful way the platform is operating on the whole.

That's why I'd always encourage people to write content to publish here rather than spinning up things all over the web. There is a benefit to keeping it in one place.

I had a choice years back to follow the crowd and convert into PsPC and then PPC content. I refused because it didn't interest me. Most of the writers and even the owners vanished off into following those interests. After a while, for me, it just became about keeping my promise to continue to support the H/PC.

I'll keep it online as long as possible; but I do need the community to help to do that now. I've singularly funded all operational costs since 2009 - 2018 when I first added donation buttons to the site. 2019 also saw a new server for the site, which I didn't fundraise for like we did in 2009, but again I paid that expense too. I am hopeful that under this model we will be able to stay running pretty much indefinitely as long as the community supports it.
 Top of the page
Quote Reply
torch Page Icon Posted 2020-10-21 12:19 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Hey random aside, I was attempting to donate through PayPal, and the links didn't seem to be working for me. It just does a PayPal site with mostly white space.
 Top of the page
Quote Reply
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2020-10-21 11:15 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Hi torch, which page link did you use? A cursory check seem to be OK for me.
 Top of the page
Quote Reply
hpc:factor« View previous thread · HPC:Factor Related Discussion · View next thread »

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [15 messages per page]

Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.046 - Cached queries : 57 - Executed queries : 10
Server Time now is: Thursday, 22 October 2020 - 7:38