x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

CE AND WM DEVICES HAVING ISSUES CONNECTING TO WIN10

CellPhoneArcheology Page Icon Posted 2020-09-19 5:27 PM
#
Avatar image of CellPhoneArcheology
H/PC Newbie

I know this is primarily for WM and not CE, but I believe many use WMDC to connect CE devices too.. So figured I would share.

For those still using Windows Mobile Device Center (WMDC) and Using the latest Windows10

As we know Microsoft no longer supports Windows Mobile Device Center (WMDC) and The link from Microsoft to download the software is no longer available.

So download the Windows Mobile Device Center installer using this link: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoCtSBVKGu9Hya1lCnX5zhRMlLum_A?e=aUKmeV

Problem: Default or newly installed Windows mobile device center app does not launch, either nothing happens, or it will be stuck on the splash screen.

Primary Solution:

1 - Navigate to Control Panel > Programs > Program and Feature > Turn Window Feature on or off

2 - Under .Net Framework 3.5 (Includes .Net 2.0 and 3.0), select the two checkboxes.

3 - Open services.msc.

4 - Right-click Windows Mobile-2003-based device connectivity.

5 - Under Windows Mobile-2003-based device connectivity, click Properties.

6 - Go to Log On tab and click Local System Account.

7 - Click Apply.

8 - Go to General Tab and click Stop and wait.

9 - Once stopped, click Start.

10 - Click OK.

If an error occurs indicating Windows could not start the Window Mobile-2003-based device connectivity service on Local Computer

11 - Go to Log On tab and select This Account option and type in Local Service.

12 - Add in the required Password using a local Administrator account password. Go back to Step 8.

13 - On your PC, open a Command prompt with Run as administrator privileges and run the following two commands:

REG ADD HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\RapiMgr /v SvcHostSplitDisable /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

REG ADD HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\WcesComm /v SvcHostSplitDisable /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

14 - Restart your PC and cross-check again with Step 6 if it is set properly.

If you are still facing issues connecting with WM/WEHH 6.5 devices, follow these steps below:

1 - On the device, go to the Start menu.
2 - Go to Settings.
3 - Select Connections.
4 - Select USB to PC.
5 - Uncheck Enable advanced network functionality.

At times, you may lose connection again after reconnecting mobile devices, refer to Primary Solution Step 3 to 6 again, and ensuring the settings are correct.

Once verified, disconnect the mobile devices and restart the two services mentioned in Primary Solution 1 Step 4 and 5. Then, connect the mobile devices again.

Other Applicable solutions if Primary Solution does not work:

If you are using Windows 10 N (without Media Player), install the Media Feature Pack for N edition of Windows 10 Version 1703.

Change the Windows Mobile-based device connectivity service to localservice instead of what's there by default.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2020-09-19 6:03 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Top of the page
hpcboy Page Icon Posted 2020-10-05 1:57 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Kudos to CellPhoneArcheology, with the info in the OP last week I managed to set up USB connection successfully between my Jornada 720 and my Win10 laptop via WMDC.
 Top of the page
Shiunbird Page Icon Posted 2020-11-02 4:09 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Do you get PIM apps syncing fine under Windows 10? Any chance with older devices? (CE 2.11, CE3)

I've been using a Windows XP VM + Outlook 2007 + CalDAV synchonizer to get my data from my DAV server to my 2 WinCE devices.
 Top of the page
hpcboy Page Icon Posted 2020-11-04 1:01 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I don't use outlook at all so I can't say. Anyhow after a recent win10 update WMDC stopped syncing, although connection can still be established.
It's frustrating to see how Microsoft kills its own legacy software and hardware support.
 Top of the page
fantablium Page Icon Posted 2020-12-17 7:09 PM
#
Subscribers
Factorite (Elite)

There is an easier way to connect to windows 10...

Web page link - https://www.junipersys.com/support/article/13929
Need .net 3.5 installed - https://www.microsoft.com/en-GB/download/details.aspx?id=21
Outlook (often found on OEM disc packaged with device) last compatible version is 2013 32bit

1). Install .net 3.5
2). Connect HPC/PPC via USB -
May need to repeat until Windows Mobile Device Centre (WMDC) installs, you may need to run windows update.
4). Run WMDC-helper.exe
5). Restart the PC
6). Start WMDC, connect HPC/PPC and wait
Cradle

Here's a link to my video on it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWV4S4n-1n4
 Top of the page
fantablium Page Icon Posted 2020-12-17 7:10 PM
#
Subscribers
Factorite (Elite)

If it stops working following an update just run the WMDC-helper.exe and reboot and that should work
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.195 - Cached queries : 45 - Executed queries : 28