x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

PocketDOS is awesome!

1 2 3 4 5 6
PocketDOS Page Icon Posted 2021-09-12 10:46 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Yeah, I would go as far as saying the continued sale of those CDs is illegal. I don't believe usedhandhelds.com has a license to sell the software on the CDs, as the agreement was an informal agreement between the developer and Thaddeus, for ongoing services rendered, and no license assignment was ever made between the developer and Thaddeus.
 Top of the page
dl1av Page Icon Posted 2021-09-12 10:58 AM
#
Subscribers
Factorite (Elite)

Just paid my license. Seems to be a bit tricky with Linux browsers but with Edge it worked *ggg*

But the is no text notes field in the Paypal quick-checkout so I mailed the ids seperately.

Thank you for the extended availability of a cool software-package.
 Top of the page
PocketDOS Page Icon Posted 2021-09-12 11:06 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Thanks for your support! I've set up the unlock code form so that it will accept PayPal transaction IDs in place of ShareIt reference numbers, so you can generate your own unlock code(s) if you need to use it on another device.
 Top of the page
dl1av Page Icon Posted 2021-09-12 11:18 AM
#
Subscribers
Factorite (Elite)

I got the codes via mail. Thank you for quick delivery.
The one for the HP360 worked immediately, on the Compaq PocketDos crashed after entering the code and does not start anymore. Maybe because I installed it there without ActiveSync (just the CABs) and it misses some registry entry. No problem with that, I will fix it eventually.

The service is definitely to recommend and five out of five stars !
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2021-09-12 11:25 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Kudos dl1av

@PocketDOS, if you are using PayPal button creator, you could probably re-purpose the item_number field and ask the user to enter their System ID before clicking the 'Pay by PayPal' button
<input type="text" name="item_number" value="" maxlength="9" size="9" placeholder="Enter your 8/9 digit System ID from the PocketDOS start-up screen" autocomplete="on" required>

You used to use the cn field for note passthrough, but I think they deprecated that.
 Top of the page
timob0 Page Icon Posted 2021-09-12 4:43 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

Bought and got my license today - many thanks for real quick turnaround :-)
 Top of the page
joval Page Icon Posted 2021-09-12 6:07 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Sensei

PocketDOS - 2021-09-12 3:06 AM

Thanks for your support! I've set up the unlock code form so that it will accept PayPal transaction IDs in place of ShareIt reference numbers, so you can generate your own unlock code(s) if you need to use it on another device.

Does this allow ONE purchase of PocketDos to be used on SEVERAL Jornada 720's like many modern apps, or still require a separate purchase for each device? I have several devices is why I ask and might want it on each. A bit confused on the particulars here (not uncommon for me, some say).

joval on his j720/devuan/wpa/RasPi/firefox gizmo
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2021-09-12 7:56 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Joval,

PocketDOS - 2021-09-12 6:07 AM

I have put a Paypal payment option on the "ordering" page of the PocketDOS website. As per previous licensing options, one license can be used on up to 5 devices.

Something I didn't realise in all honesty
 Top of the page
joval Page Icon Posted 2021-09-13 12:15 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Sensei

C:Amie - 2021-09-12 11:56 AM

Joval,

PocketDOS - 2021-09-12 6:07 AM

I have put a Paypal payment option on the "ordering" page of the PocketDOS website. As per previous licensing options, one license can be used on up to 5 devices.

Something I didn't realise in all honesty

Now that makes it a great deal in my case!

Joval
 Top of the page
PocketDOS Page Icon Posted 2021-09-21 3:12 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

timob0 - 2021-09-12 4:43 PM

I'm still waiting for you to acknowledge that you received the license, so that Paypal will release the funds. If you don't do this, PayPal will return your funds, and your software will not be legally licensed.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2021-09-21 6:00 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

PocketDOS - 2021-09-21 3:12 PM

timob0 - 2021-09-12 4:43 PM

I'm still waiting for you to acknowledge that you received the license, so that Paypal will release the funds. If you don't do this, PayPal will return your funds, and your software will not be legally licensed.
Hi PocketDOS,

That isn't how it works, at least not from my experience.

"With payments received for tangible goods Paypal would request valid tracking information confirming the item has been delivered to the buyer. As they can validate the tracking information online, once it is delivered they can release the funds. IF you have received the funds for a service / virtual or digital sale OR no tracking number is applicable Paypal would be unable to release the funds any sooner than 21 days.

If you mark the transaction as processed then the buyer may have the option on their account to mark the transaction as delivery/satisfied. If the buyer confirms this by clicking on the "Confirm Receipt" button, the funds may be released to you sooner ie 7 days after the buyer verifies receipt. This is not always available or guaranteed.
If not then sadly its 21 days."

Also see: https://www.paypal.com/uk/brc/article/funds-availability

Perhaps it works differently in Antarctica though
 Top of the page
PocketDOS Page Icon Posted 2021-09-22 5:40 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Except it is, when you're opening a new account. In any case, PayPal has decided that my account represents too much risk, and have closed it, permanently. So, now, I will either not get the funds from the two licenses purchased by the kind people in this thread, or I will need to wait 180 days for it. That was way too much hassle for $40 (or $0 depending on how you look at it). Maybe it is time for PocketDOS to die? Despite the recent publicity on this site (thanks!), there really doesn't seem to be anyone that wants it any more.

Edited by PocketDOS 2021-09-22 6:39 AM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2021-09-22 9:35 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

That's ridiculous, I can't believe it. You seem to be magnetically attracting bad luck here.

PayPal states the company’s right to close a user’s account if she engages in restricted activities. Activities such as selling counterfeit items, reaching a negative account balance, or providing false or inaccurate information are only a few restricted activities that are grounds for account closure. If you remove consent to receive electronic communications, such as removing your email address from your contact information, PayPal also reserves the right to close your account.

If you were in the UK, I'd suggest calling the FOS about it if you cannot get a straight answer out of PayPal from raising a dispute.
 Top of the page
PocketDOS Page Icon Posted 2021-09-22 4:07 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I'm not in the UK, however I did call PP. The CS representative told me that he can't see why the account was blocked, nor can I appeal the decision. I must wait 180 days for the $20 to be released. I may never see the other $20 from @timob0 as he never acknowledged that he received the goods/services (which may or may not have contributed to the "suspicious activity" or whatever caused them to block the account). Anyway, I'm done, it appears virtually no one is still interested in purchasing this software, so it seems like a pointless battle from my POV.

Edited by PocketDOS 2021-09-22 4:15 PM
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2021-09-22 5:15 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
Couldn't you set up Venmo, forgo the hateful PP altogether? You could strike a deal with Chris to have a PDOS ad on the hpcfactor home page.

Jake
 Top of the page
1 2 3 4 5 6
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.234 - Cached queries : 49 - Executed queries : 33