x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Another something HCP-ish: PCBOX Lileo

can't remember Page Icon Posted 2020-11-16 5:26 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

I found this by accident while searching for something else. It is a small 2-in-1 PC/tablet/laptop (whatever you want to call it) just slightly bigger than the HP Jornada 720 (187.96mm x 93.98mm x 33.02mm vs 213mm x 125mm x 7.9mm), it comes with Windows 8.1, 1GB of RAM and 16GB of storage. I found a couple of reviews with some good photos (the first link includes the device specifications, both are in Spanish so use Google Translate). The photo in this post comes from the second link.

http://www.redusers.com/noticias/reviews/pcbox-mini-convertible-lileo/

https://www.tendenciasmag.com/review-pcbox-mini-convertible-lileo/

(1.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 1.jpg (50KB - 0 downloads)
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2020-11-16 6:09 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
Nice find. I haven't seen it for sale anywhere, and can't figure out a true price. The review says it's 3499 Argentinian Pesos (year 2015), and that's currently $44USD (Argentina, a wonderful country that I have visited, does have its currency issues). Parts, battery, etc would make for a difficult search, even if you did find the actual device.

Very intriguing, though.

Thanks
Jake
 Top of the page
ArchiMark Page Icon Posted 2020-11-16 6:14 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Sensei

Thanks for sharing....interesting.

See from the linked article it was from 2015.....never heard of it before.

When I first saw the photo, I thought of the UMID M1.....but then realized the 2 in 1 design and that this one is a bit larger than the UMID.

Top of the page
can't remember Page Icon Posted 2020-11-16 9:24 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Jake and ArchiMark, the reason you haven't heard of it before is that it is a product that was only sold in Argentina. It seems to be discontinued and I could only find 3 of them for sale on mercadolibre.com.ar at $7500, $11000 and $12000 ARS (I'm not sure what the true price in USD would be, as Jake mentioned currency issues, many different exchange rates).

I have never heard of the UMID M1, it's the first time I see a device like that running Windows XP (and also the first time I see Windows XP device with a touchscreen that is not an ATM).
 Top of the page
ArchiMark Page Icon Posted 2020-11-16 10:08 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Sensei

Makes sense about not knowing about the PCBox since it was meant for a very limited market.......

As for the M1, it was released back in 2009, so, a long time ago now......it was fun to have a shirt pocket XP machine, but was not the most practical device to do real work on it.....

Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2020-11-16 11:26 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

Neat.

Interesting how it's like a tablet on a keyboard, there is no hinge on the device.
 Top of the page
ArchiMark Page Icon Posted 2020-11-17 12:26 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Sensei

Just realized, design is similar to the HTC Advantage X75xx devices.

Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2020-11-17 1:12 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

I've always thought the HTC Advantage X75xx series was neat.
 Top of the page
can't remember Page Icon Posted 2020-11-17 10:47 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

stingraze - 2020-11-17 7:26 PM

Neat.

Interesting how it's like a tablet on a keyboard, there is no hinge on the device.

Technically speaking it is a tablet on a bluetooth keyboard (you can take the keyboard and use it with your phone too). The difference between it and most tablets is that it has an Intel CPU and runs a full Windows 8.1 instead of ARM and Android (or another mobile OS).
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2020-11-17 11:31 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
@stingraze--hadn't heard of the HTC Advantage X75xx until you mention it. I looked up the X7510, which has the 16gb flash drive rather than the 8gb micro hd. I would love to play with one of those. There was a T-mobile version called Ameo. X7510 has a much better keyboard, with a tab key even, and WinMo 6.1. There were even some custom ROMs kicking around on xda, but the links are long dead.

Had the HTC TouchPro 2--this one looks like the big brother.

Jake

Edit: https://www.hpcfactor.com/reviews/hardware/htc/advantage-X7510/
Good god, info here all along...

Edit2: Even worse, in the comment section, I congratulated C Finch for a review well done...

Edited by Jake 2020-11-17 11:56 PM
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2020-11-18 1:25 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

I think cmonex used to have it long ago...

I bought the HTC Tytn II during that area, and I still have the EMONSTER S11HT which is a Japanese E-Mobile version of that.

The X75xx seems really ahead of the time, I think it's pretty cool even today.

Edited by stingraze 2020-11-18 1:25 AM
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 67 - Executed queries : 11