x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Mobileguy Page Icon Posted 2020-11-19 12:29 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Newbie

Thanks for your helpful comments! Do you happen to know of any particular model or vendor of IRDA adapters that can be connected up to a Windows PC? This would allow me to use my HP 620lx with my PC.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Lloyd
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2020-11-19 8:54 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

split out from the 2005 "Review: IBM Workpad z50 (Flashback)" thread and moved from Reviews into Hardware Support

10 years and 5 months on top of an original 4 year resurrection and your question didn't even have anything to do with the thread you just resurrected. That's annoyingly impressive.

Don't do that -_-

#EpicThreadDredge #ZombieThread

I haven't had to split a thread around here in years!
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2020-11-19 9:08 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

The answer is, any 98/2000/XP compatible USB IrDA dongle with FastIR (FIR) support.

There's no point using Windows 10, you can't sync a 620 to it.

Edit: I see that there are very few of them about these days. A few years ago you could type IrDA dongle into eBay and there would be hundreds of them!
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2020-11-19 3:03 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Easier to just install an old fashion serial port card in your desktop...since you didn't specify the Windows PC type...i.e. laptop, desktop, etc....
 Top of the page
fantablium Page Icon Posted 2020-11-22 9:12 AM
#
Subscribers
Factorite (Elite)

I bought a polar IR USB adaptor from ebay, it was £20 and works great. FYI you cannot connect to WMDC via IR (I tried yesterday) so you need something running XP or 7. I also bought a serial to USB adaptor which works well if you have the serial cable/dock.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 10