x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Success: MicroSDCard boots Devuan on Jornada 720

1 2 3 4
ArchiMark Page Icon Posted 2021-07-13 7:28 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Sensei

Hi Joval,

Tried downloading the new devj720-2m.zip file.

It just downloads very quick and I get a 0 bytes (instead of 597MB as shown on download page) ....tried several times...

If I click on the blue 'Download' button, I get the 'a-DevJornada720.zip file...at 399MB....(same size as yesterday).

Text on download page says this is supposed to be a 999MB download.

So it goes.....

Top of the page
joval Page Icon Posted 2021-07-13 8:19 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Sensei

ArchiMark - 2021-07-13 11:28 AM

Hi Joval,

Tried downloading the new devj720-2m.zip file.

It just downloads very quick and I get a 0 bytes (instead of 597MB as shown on download page) ....tried several times...

So it goes.....

Yeah...yo comprendo. It's the ATT internet... has the slowest upload speed in the universe... that's the problem...better wait a few hours

Hey, I just created a 4Gb CF image which I compressed to 0.411 Gb and decompressed and burned to San Disk UltraII 4.0Gb CF card... boots up fine, updates date/time, X-forwards Firefox or Vncviewer by ssh into RasPi. It will upload after the 2 Gb image (however Gawd awfully long that will take on Att)!

Also. I used Etcher in Windows 10 (after extracting it from zip) to burn the image and verify it... all was good.

Patience, m'boy, patients! If it's not uploaded in a few hours I will go looking for a faster upload option elsewhere.

As an aside/option try booting your original 4Gb img CF card using the pcmcia slot... might work if you have a cf to pcmcia adapter.

joval

Edited by joval 2021-07-13 8:29 PM
 Top of the page
ArchiMark Page Icon Posted 2021-07-14 12:20 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Sensei

OK, Captain Joval......standing by for new uploads.....understand your internet constraints right now....

Will be patient.......

Yes, I have a cf to pcmcia adapter I can try.....will do this evening....

Top of the page
ArchiMark Page Icon Posted 2021-07-14 12:26 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Sensei

PS. I might take another stab and fixing the keymap for X.....think it's worth another try....

Top of the page
1 2 3 4
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 10