x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine

Launch Applications from CF at Startup
Moderators: CE Geek

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [15 messages per page]

Forums · Technical Support · Handheld PC 2000

Rocketman
Posted 2005-07-29 4:45 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Member Nº:
I was able to get applications autoexecuting from my CF card at startup by doing the following:

1. I created a shortcut to my batch file and placed it in \Windows\StartUp so that it gets executed every time I do a soft reset
2. I edited the shortcut's properties to read: "cmd" /c "\Storage Card\cmdfile.cmd"
3. I created a cmdfile.cmd file (same thing as a batch file) on my CF card and edited it in a text editor. I added the following contents to the file:

start "\Storage Card\autoexecute\lf.exe"
start "\Storage Card\autoexecute\TapRight.exe"
start "\Storage Card\autoexecute\mute.exe"
exit

The batch script starts all my programs up flawlessly and I have no shaved another 500 KB or so from my main system memory! I may add some more commands to the batch file in the future (deleting temp directories, clearing IE cache, etc.). I am still looking for a good way to avoid .bmp based background images...

Top of the page
wallythacker
Posted 2005-07-29 11:17 AM
#

H/PC Elder

Member Nº:
Bravo Rocketman! , but.....

That only works on a version of CE that waits for the file system to be fully initialized before trying to access it. It looks like all the jornadas are that way.

My 6651 isn't. I still need a loop check for the presence of the CF card before I try to access the contents. By combining my loop test and your use of START everything works great for me.
I've now peaked at RAM conservation. I can't save any more unless I remove portrait or caligrapher and the wasteful bitmaps they own.

BTW: where did you learn about the START command? nm. I typed help at the console

Edited by wallythacker 2005-07-29 11:40 AM

(Screen001.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Screen001.jpg (56KB - 34 downloads)
 Top of the page
hpc:factor« View previous thread · Handheld PC 2000 · View next thread »

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [15 messages per page]

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Seconds to generate: 0.109 - Cached queries : 57 - Executed queries : 9
Server Time now is: Monday, 25 June 2018 - 4:40