x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Launch Applications from CF at Startup

1 2
Rocketman Page Icon Posted 2005-07-29 4:45 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I was able to get applications autoexecuting from my CF card at startup by doing the following:

1. I created a shortcut to my batch file and placed it in \Windows\StartUp so that it gets executed every time I do a soft reset
2. I edited the shortcut's properties to read: "cmd" /c "\Storage Card\cmdfile.cmd"
3. I created a cmdfile.cmd file (same thing as a batch file) on my CF card and edited it in a text editor. I added the following contents to the file:

start "\Storage Card\autoexecute\lf.exe"
start "\Storage Card\autoexecute\TapRight.exe"
start "\Storage Card\autoexecute\mute.exe"
exit

The batch script starts all my programs up flawlessly and I have no shaved another 500 KB or so from my main system memory! I may add some more commands to the batch file in the future (deleting temp directories, clearing IE cache, etc.). I am still looking for a good way to avoid .bmp based background images...

Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2005-07-29 11:17 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Bravo Rocketman! , but.....

That only works on a version of CE that waits for the file system to be fully initialized before trying to access it. It looks like all the jornadas are that way.

My 6651 isn't. I still need a loop check for the presence of the CF card before I try to access the contents. By combining my loop test and your use of START everything works great for me.
I've now peaked at RAM conservation. I can't save any more unless I remove portrait or caligrapher and the wasteful bitmaps they own.

BTW: where did you learn about the START command? nm. I typed help at the console

Edited by wallythacker 2005-07-29 11:40 AM

(Screen001.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Screen001.jpg (56KB - 34 downloads)
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 9