x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

New Netbook Pro Owner

skearon Page Icon Posted 2004-11-11 6:48 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I took delivery of this machine today and so far am very pleased with it (using it now to write this via WiFi card)

Unfortunately it was missing its serial sync and usb adaptor cables, are the serial cables for the 5 and Epoc Netbook compatible with the Pro? Where will I find the USB cable?

Also where will I source a 220/240V PSU as the seller was based in the USA and sent me a 110V PSU

I have managed to connect to Activesync via bluetooh, plus my Fujitsu Siemens CF GPRS card was recognised and worked immediately.

Compared to the Nexio S160 I had previously this is a much, much better machine but seems to lack online support, such as discussion forums. Would appreciate links to recommended web sites
 Top of the page
ET3D Page Icon Posted 2004-11-12 1:01 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Regarding the PSU, I suggest that you contact Expansys. They have various power adaptors, and should be able to tell you what you need to get and supply you with that.
 Top of the page
chiark Page Icon Posted 2004-11-12 3:26 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

Congratulations - nice machines, by all accounts!

If you get a chance, why not write a comparative review that compares what's on the 160 against what's on the Netbook pro? I, for one, would love to know more about both of them, and I'm sure that HPCFactor would really, really, really appreciate the content

On line forums - what about here?

The Psion forums are, on the whole, not terribly helpful to the netbook pro as it is not an EPOC device, but it might be worth asking at Psionplace.com for advice, too?
 Top of the page
skearon Page Icon Posted 2004-11-12 7:14 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

chiark - 2004-11-12 8:26 AM
If you get a chance, why not write a comparative review that compares what's on the 160 against what's on the Netbook pro? I, for one, would love to know more about both of them, and I'm sure that HPCFactor would really, really, really appreciate the content

Good idea, will try and do this over the weekend

Will the serial cable for the Series 7/Netbook work with the Pro?
 Top of the page
chiark Page Icon Posted 2004-11-12 7:51 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

I honestly don't know, but from googling around it appears that places sell two distinct psion cables: one "Psiwin" style sync cable, and one for the Netbook pro.

Expansys has a document describing how to set up synchronisation which may be useful - see http://www.expansys.com/i/drv/nbpactivesyncsetup.doc

It mentions that USB sync is supported, so if you have the USB adaptor then that might be a good way to go?
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2004-11-24 4:40 AM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

You can also synchronize over wifi if you get your computer's network name. This can be found in Network Neighborhood or one of the control panels. Then in pocket internet explorer enter it after // , it will look something like this: //BLARGH-127CF54 . You will than see all the shared folders on your computer, but this is unimportant. Now in activesync on your device you will see an option for synchronizing with that computer name. A much better way than with a serial or usb cable!
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2004-11-24 4:40 AM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

You can also synchronize over wifi if you get your computer's network name. This can be found in Network Neighborhood or one of the control panels. Then in pocket internet explorer enter it after // , it will look something like this: //BLARGH-127CF54 . You will than see all the shared folders on your computer, but this is unimportant. Now in activesync on your device you will see an option for synchronizing with that computer name. A much better way than with a serial or usb cable!
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2004-11-24 10:59 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 64 - Executed queries : 10