x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

At least I know it's possible to hard reset

ET3D Page Icon Posted 2004-11-12 5:22 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I wanted to post a message titled "I can sync!", because I yesterday got the Socket ethernet card and today got a cable, and it works! Bwahahahaha! But I also got today the Symbol Wireless Networker card I ordered, which I can't use yet since I don't have wireless on my PC, but I tried to install it anyway. At some point my Izzi Pro froze (maybe that has something to do with the CE 2.11 drivers being beta), and when I reset the machine, it came up as if I had hard-reset it. Good thing I didn't have that much installed (because a lot of programs require ActiveSync), and that with the network cable I can install things much more quickly than before (which involved copying them to the CF card). Still, it's annoying.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2004-11-12 10:36 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I see that on occasion with LAN cards. Always LAN cards. Only under 2.00 and 2.11 though. Touch wood (touches) I've never had a trip reset off of a 3.00 device.

I think though that all of my resets have been to do with the NE2000 driver. Have you installed the latest LPE drivers, or were you using the "plug-n-play" ones from the device?

As a reinstall procedure I recommend you get it up, the SP1 it (if required) as SP1 has updated LAN drivers.

I would still like to know what is causing that IrDA adapter to play up on your XP system though. I hate a mystery.
 Top of the page
ET3D Page Icon Posted 2004-11-12 4:34 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

It didn't have to do with the NE2000 drivers, as far as I interpret it, since it froze when playing with the WiFi card, not the ethernet one. Symbol's site mentions that the machine might freeze if the card is removed and inserted too quickly, and a soft reset should solve that. Would have been okay with me, had it not caused a hard reset. I'd hope to get the WiFi working, since it'd be the best solution. The others are just intermediate must-have steps.

As for SP1, it's already installed in ROM, since after the reset it comes up with 3.01 for everything.

Regarding the IrDA, I also tried it on a Windows 2000 machine at work and it acted the same. I figure that it's either a problem with the H/PC or more likely with the adaptor. I mean, there's a price to be paid for an adaptor that costs 4 pounds, and that's apparently in reliability. Probably just a fluke I got a defective one, and anyway it was good enough to create the partnership (hopefully it will be again after the reset). I'd really rather use something better than IrDA, and as mentioned, WiFi seems to me like the best solution (if I can get it to work).
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.125 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 9