x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

MIGRATE FROM CE.NET 4.2 TO CE 5, IT'S POSSIBLE?

|--LuMeN--|
|--LuMeN--| Page Icon Posted 2005-07-31 4:00 AM
#
I can migrate from CE 4.1 to CE 5?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-07-31 7:05 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Hi,

Firstly can I ask you to be a little more conservative with your posting. You are sending a lot of small, distributed threads to the forum. When posting several questions at once, can you bundle them into one thread.

Secondly, it's against board policy to post in uppercase. Netiquette dictates that it's seen as shouting, and people may take offence at it. So please DON'T do it.

Lastly, "I can migrate from CE 4.1 to CE 5?" is not descriptive. Can you migrate what from 4.1 to 5? There are more than 700 people posting on this forum now, we can't be expected to keep track of what devices you're using.

As to your question...
It's technically possible to migrate any CE device to CE5, so long as it has a FlashROM and enough CPU Power / RAM. Someone has to actually write the flashROM image first though, and that is easier said than done. It's also not free.
 Top of the page
|--LuMeN--|
|--LuMeN--| Page Icon Posted 2005-07-31 11:03 AM
#
I apologize.
I have not understood anything on the updating!
I can update the whole operating system or only part of it?
Where I can find some information?
Who effects the updating?
how much does it cost?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-07-31 12:20 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

*If* there is a Windows CE 5.0 option for your device, then you must re-flash the entire operating system, you can't 'upgrade' as it were.

In order to create Windows CE ROM images you need to use the latformBuilder - which is effectively a hybridised Visual C++ .net install with 17 CD's of Source code. (Yes 17).

It either has to be made available by the OEM (hp, NEC, Philips, LG etc) or by a third party such as Mullenger, who make the Simpad CE 4.2 upgrade.

It costs whatever the commercial market rate for the update it. CE itself varies, but let's call it £25 for the sake of arguing. What an OEM charges on top of that is down to them. Mullenger charge £75 for 4.2.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 43 - Executed queries : 25