x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

CESD: Using the Soft Reset API function on the MobilePro 900 doesn't work

1 2 3
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-06-27 2:58 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

forgot to post update.
i now can directly soft reset any xscale hpc i have, other than the 900c.
the 900c doesnt have a standard gpio setup so thats why xscale reset code doesnt work.
now task is to figure out exactly how it is setup instead and how to enable the normal mode.

also, the alternative method of loading a modified bootloader into ram and booting that only works to some extent. with new mods, kernel gets further.. as far as loading the registry, essential processes, and handling the object store. then gets stuck (10% of the time it does boot). shell is not started at that point yet. looks like some OAL code doesnt like my mods.

Edited by cmonex 2007-06-27 3:04 AM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-08-08 7:47 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

small update..

i wrote yet another reset app - now in C, just to make it easier and more general for any xscale pxa250/255 (using physical addresses finally so no memory map is needed any more) and also to make it legit enough for cenet 4.2 as opposed to 4.1. the result after testing on some more xscale's is that you have to have the standard gpio setup on the device for this to work.

so giving up that direction, .... i have more ideas still

Edited by cmonex 2007-08-08 7:48 PM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-09-14 7:46 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

Top of the page
1 2 3
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 8