x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

SD cards in Jornada 720

1 2
joval Page Icon Posted 2020-12-14 2:30 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Sensei

_dev-null - 2020-12-05 2:13 AM

Hi!

robertojones - 2020-12-05 12:23 AM

Can anyone confirm this? Are 'standard' SD cards signal compatible with CF?

No, they are not compatible. Inside this CF to SD adapter is a microcontroller that converts all signals.

Regards
Stefan

Evidently CF and PCMCIA cards comply with 16 bit standard...whereas SD Cards are 32 bit...so an emulator/converter must be interfacing between the two...may explain also why SD Cards can be high speed given twice data per fetch, or so I surmise.

And,Jeez, this quote option is so darn easy to use...should have been aware years ago!!! You can lead a horse to water but... (another mouthful of Humble Pie for moi)!

Edited by joval 2020-12-14 2:37 PM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2020-12-15 11:39 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

jornadur - 2020-12-12 8:36 PM

C:Amie - 2020-12-11 5:29 AM

jornadur, do you have the exact info on the one that does not work? I'll add it to the HCL as being incompatible. I have added the one linked above.

Please use our sponsored link/Amazon associate links when buying from Amazon everyone!

All it says is "TOPRAM CompactFlash 133x 8GB" on the front and "Made in Taiwan" on the back. Unfortunately, I got it from an eBay listing where it was just listed as a generic CF card without a picture. Here is the listing if that's at all useful. Might be hard to avoid accidentally purchasing one of these :/

joval - 2020-12-11 6:30 AM

Alright...good for you! Must be a quality issue as I have 2 of the others and they work fine...luck of the draw I guess. OK, now you're off and running. (What a relief for you)! Need any suggestions on useful programs for the J720?

Yeah, must be it. Even if it had worked though, the new one I got is slightly slimmer and fits much better. And sure, I'd love some suggestions! I'm keeping an eye on the Devuan thread, but any Windows CE suggestions would be great too
jornadur,

That doesn't read like a CF to SD adapter, it reads like a CF card? Are you sure that's the same product that you discussed earlier?
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 59 - Executed queries : 9