x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Got Sigmarion 3 online using WiFi (WPA2 PSK)

stingraze Page Icon Posted 2020-12-10 4:04 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

Hi guys,

I just wanted to report that I could get a Sigmarion 3 online with the stock ROM (Windows CE .NET 4.1)using WiFi (WPA2 PSK)
Equipments used were:
Elecom pocket router (runs on mobile battery) that has 1x RJ-45 port
XPERIA XZ3
1 x LAN cable
1 x Elecom CF-10T LAN card (Compact Flash)

I made the Elecom pocket router to converter mode, then I made RJ-45 (via CF-10T) from my Sigmarion 3 connected to the Elecom pocket router
XPERIA XZ3 was in WiFi Tethering mode, then I configured the Elecom pocket Router to connect to the XPERIA XZ3 using WiFi (WPA2 PSK).

I know it is a little bit strange looking, but I just wanted to let you know this can be done. :-)

Thanks to joval to the inspiration. I used elecom pocket router this time instead of Raspberry Pi.

Edited by stingraze 2020-12-10 4:16 AM

(sigmarion3-wpa2-psk.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments sigmarion3-wpa2-psk.jpg (83KB - 1 downloads)
 Top of the page
ArchiMark Page Icon Posted 2020-12-10 5:30 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Sensei

Cool!

Great job!

Thanks for sharing, stingraze!

Mark
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2020-12-10 7:22 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

Thank you, ArchiMark!

P.S. The CF-10T's maker is Planex, not Elecom, my mistake.
https://www.planex.co.jp/product/adapter/cf10t.shtml
 Top of the page
Mjolnir Page Icon Posted 2020-12-10 10:29 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Nice work! What browser are you using?
 Top of the page
_dev-null Page Icon Posted 2020-12-10 10:43 AM
#
Subscribers
Factorite (Elite)

Nice setup!
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2020-12-10 11:44 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

Mjolnir - 2020-12-10 7:29 PM

Nice work! What browser are you using?

Thank you!
I am using the default Internet Explorer. I can load up simple HTML sites still with this browser, and can use Picsel Browser to view a little more modern sites. TLS 1.0 is supported in the Internet Explorer.

_dev-null - 2020-12-10 7:43 PM

Nice setup!

Thank you!
It is pretty fun doing this. I want to try a more advanced version of this by IP masquerading / bridging WiFi and RJ-45 using Raspberry Pi Zero. I already have the board and the equipments needed, will need to figure out how to set it up.

Edited by stingraze 2020-12-10 11:47 AM
 Top of the page
joval Page Icon Posted 2020-12-11 2:49 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Sensei

Good hardware "hack"...portable and secure! And you probably had these things laying around unused for many years, much as I have. I agree...it is fun...learning how to adapt these things to do new tricks and maintain function. I don't know much about the Sigmarion...it has a different cpu...can you use the same software as the MP900c which uses CE.Net 2?? Anyway... Bravo!....drum roll...now take a bow as the audience applauds...keeping the HPC flame alive!

Top of the page
joval Page Icon Posted 2020-12-11 6:03 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Sensei

Oh, I forgot to mention that now...with that wpa2 connection... the whole world of ESP32 (or ESP8266 ) microcontrollers is at your beck and call. These a dirt cheap arduino type devices that have wpa2 wifi that are super low voltage and can be programmed with the arduino IDE on a laptop to present a webpage on your sigmarion..from which you can... control lights, garage door, motors, sprinklers, home automation, read outside temperature and humidity, show a few family photos, make low cost motion activated high resolution web cams, cheap wifi extenders, date and time clocks,...email reminders, sensors of all kinds of things (check out randomnerdtutorials.com).

Practice designing web pages using HTML 4 and CSS and if your browser supports javascript you can practice writing scripts on the esp32 and learn how to build interactive web pages... You may never be bored again So put the critter to work as a dedicated weather station/clock/home lighting controller all at once if you fancy! You have a very useful sigmarion now!

Edited by joval 2020-12-11 6:08 PM
 Top of the page
ArchiMark Page Icon Posted 2020-12-11 7:54 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Sensei

joval - 2020-12-11 10:03 AM

Oh, I forgot to mention that now...with that wpa2 connection... the whole world of ESP32 (or ESP8266 ) microcontrollers is at your beck and call. These a dirt cheap arduino type devices that have wpa2 wifi that are super low voltage and can be programmed with the arduino IDE on a laptop to present a webpage on your sigmarion..from which you can... control lights, garage door, motors, sprinklers, home automation, read outside temperature and humidity, show a few family photos, make low cost motion activated high resolution web cams, cheap wifi extenders, date and time clocks,...email reminders, sensors of all kinds of things (check out randomnerdtutorials.com).

Practice designing web pages using HTML 4 and CSS and if your browser supports javascript you can practice writing scripts on the esp32 and learn how to build interactive web pages... You may never be bored again So put the critter to work as a dedicated weather station/clock/home lighting controller all at once if you fancy! You have a very useful sigmarion now!

Sounds like the 'Swiss Army Knife' of handhelds you got goin' there.....

Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2020-12-11 9:27 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

joval - 2020-12-11 11:49 PM

Good hardware "hack"...portable and secure! And you probably had these things laying around unused for many years, much as I have. I agree...it is fun...learning how to adapt these things to do new tricks and maintain function. I don't know much about the Sigmarion...it has a different cpu...can you use the same software as the MP900c which uses CE.Net 2?? Anyway... Bravo!....drum roll...now take a bow as the audience applauds...keeping the HPC flame alive!

Sigmarion 3 is a little harder to get apps running than MP900C, you need to hex edit a lot of apps to make it work.

joval - 2020-12-12 3:03 AM

Oh, I forgot to mention that now...with that wpa2 connection... the whole world of ESP32 (or ESP8266 ) microcontrollers is at your beck and call. These a dirt cheap arduino type devices that have wpa2 wifi that are super low voltage and can be programmed with the arduino IDE on a laptop to present a webpage on your sigmarion..from which you can... control lights, garage door, motors, sprinklers, home automation, read outside temperature and humidity, show a few family photos, make low up cost motion activated high resolution web cams, cheap wifi extenders, date and time clocks,...email reminders, sensors of all kinds of things (check out randomnerdtutorials.com).

I checked randomnerdtutorials.com and visited for the first time, it is cool!

Thanks for your suggestion. I can design web pages in HTML 4 and I have some coding experience I JavaScript / Ajax so yeah, maybe I will make a wireless robot out of esp32 someday. I have an experience in using Arduino compatible tiny board, and have made a robot when I was around 14 or so but haven’t got around to those wonderful hobby so much recently. It will be cool to be able to control a robot from H/PC...

Edited by stingraze 2020-12-11 9:31 PM
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 45 - Executed queries : 33