x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Sony UX280P wifi problems

jholt0147 Page Icon Posted 2020-12-15 12:41 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I just picked up a Sony UX280P UMPC. It great except that I can not get it to connect to WIFI. I've tried different OS's 2000 to 8.1 and Linux. I've even swapped wifi cards and nothing. I know this isn't exactly a HPC but if anyone has any ideas or could point me in the right direction where to ask.
 Top of the page
ArchiMark Page Icon Posted 2020-12-16 1:55 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Sensei

Been years since I had a UX.....probably stupid point, but just in case, can't recall, but is there a physical on/off switch for WiFi? Is 'On' ?

If so, can you see the WiFi icon in the taskbar and if so, if you click on it, do you see it recognizing a list of WiFi networks in the vicinity?

If not, and you've swapped WiFi cards, then maybe it is a hardware malfunction somewhere.

Best,

Mark
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2020-12-17 8:40 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

Yes, ArchiMark is right. I'd check the toggle switch of the WiFi. I once thought my Sony UX's WiFi was broken but it was just that the switch was set to off. I think it's on the side?

-stingraze

Edited by stingraze 2020-12-17 8:40 AM
 Top of the page
jholt0147 Page Icon Posted 2020-12-17 11:58 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

yea the switch in the on position. it attempts to connect but fails. Other than it works great. If I can't get it working i can live with wifi dongle hanging on it. I have a couple of Samsung Q1 Ultras coming this week aswell so the UX and one them may end up for sale here if permitted.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 43 - Executed queries : 27