x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

WinCE Netbook Doesn't Turn On

ozi03 Page Icon Posted 2021-01-05 9:14 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hello , I bought a Unbranded WinCE netbook in 2020. It doesnt come with a charger. Then i found a charger that fits into the port. (9V) When I clicked on the power port , nothing happened. No lights , no nothing. Why its not showing a sign of life? Is my device dead? Do i need 12v charger? Help me. Thanks
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2021-01-05 12:49 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I have a stupid question: does it have a battery pack in the compartment on the underside?

If the battery isn't the problem, it may need to be reflashed, but we'd need to know which type of processor it has. What does the label on the bottom say?
 Top of the page
ozi03 Page Icon Posted 2021-01-05 3:48 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

There is no battery. And processor is ARM VIA WM8505+ i think

Edited by ozi03 2021-01-05 3:51 PM
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2021-01-06 1:08 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

It's been a while since I last played with any of my WM8505 netbooks, but I don't think they will operate without a working battery pack connected.
 Top of the page
ozi03 Page Icon Posted 2021-01-06 7:12 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Update : I got the power light working and screen is on but screen is empty.Its on but there is nothing.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2021-01-06 8:25 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Well, then I stand corrected. Sounds like it's trying to boot up but can't find a bootable ROM image because the one on board has been corrupted.

If indeed it's WM8505, the Sylvania netbook ROM will work. Go to H/PC:Update and select "Sylvania" as the device manufacturer and "Wireless Smartbook CE6" as the device, and then click on the "Go" button.

https://www.hpcfactor.com/support/update/

Click on "ROM Updates" and then on the plus sign in the download description to place it in your download cart. Once you've downloaded it, copy the "script" folder to an empty SD card and place the card in the device while it's shut down. Then power it on and it'll install the ROM image automatically.
 Top of the page
ozi03 Page Icon Posted 2021-01-06 9:42 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

OK i tried that and it seems to be screen is broken. Half of the screen has lines
 Top of the page
ozi03 Page Icon Posted 2021-01-06 11:21 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Update 2 : The system worked this time.I can boot into desktop without reinstalling windowsce. But it seems like wince is messed up. I cant reinstall it for some reason.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 64 - Executed queries : 10