x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Questions about compatible batteries for the HP 320LX

zar_lord Page Icon Posted 2021-01-08 11:41 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Hello meow. As the title suggests I'm looking to get good quality batteries to use with my HP 320LX.

According to the manual and the palmtop's battery settings itself is that it only allows alkaline (single use) and nickel cadmium batteries (rechargable or not) to be used. I have the charger and dock and have spare eneloops that I use for most of my home devices and was wondering if I could recharge them via the included charger and dock without any issues.

Any response would be greatly appreciated!
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2021-01-09 6:26 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

I think the envelops are Ni-MH, not Ni-Cd, so the charging characteristics will be different. I suggest not to use eneloop with your device to charge it. (If that's what you mean, charging the battery via HP 320LX.)

Edited by stingraze 2021-01-09 6:27 AM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2021-01-09 11:15 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

You can use rechargeable NiMh or NiCd batteries in the 300 series from the 300 series device AC brick. Just do not put any Lithium derived cells in it and connect the charger - you can use Li cells, but they must be charged externally.
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2021-01-09 12:57 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Interesting.

*btw, the stupid autocorrect corrected eneloop as envelop.
 Top of the page
zar_lord Page Icon Posted 2021-01-09 5:32 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Heck thanks for the reply! That's good to know I can charge it via the AC plug and not have to take them out.
 Top of the page
cgallaty Page Icon Posted 2021-10-19 2:29 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

I just grabbed a couple of the Amazon branded Eneloop clones that I own and they seem to be going OK, but I have not stress tested them (Not that it matters as they charge fast enough) I've been using them in the kids Wiimotes and the Roku remotes (the kids like to use the headphones jack which drains juice) and they seem to work fine there so I'm guessing once I actually get around to testing them for real I'll find out. I have the cradle for my HP 320LX somewhere in the post right now. (Its actually the CR2032 that is making noise at present. I have looked at getting rechargables for those (For things like Tiles and BLE becons that like to eat them) but it seems over kill for an HP Palm top seeing as this one likely has not been swapped since the 90s.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 12