x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Greetings!

wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2021-01-10 3:14 AM
#
H/PC Elder

This is my annual/bi/semi annual checkin to say hi to everyone, pass on best wishes for the new year and hope everyone is still enjoying their gadgets.

I haven't touched mine in several years since I moved to Niagara Falls.' I honestly don't even remember all that I own.

Cheers and all the best to you for 2021!
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2021-01-10 3:24 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

Hi! Happy New Year to you!

-stingraze
 Top of the page
HPC:Fan Page Icon Posted 2021-01-10 3:51 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

Happy New Year, wallythacker. Glad all is well.
 Top of the page
joval Page Icon Posted 2021-01-10 4:19 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Sensei

Hey, thanks for the greetings...and a hearty Happy New Years wish for you!

I saw at once you were listing your (substantial) guitar and Amp collection. I've a few too...all laying around idle of late as the H/PC's are taking up my free time (having discovered Linux/Debian on the Jornada 720)...kind of a Sophie's Choice experience, IMHO.

What sort of tunes are you cranking out? (You can let me know next year)! Have a great time playing...
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2021-01-10 8:42 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

When I saw the thread title, my first thought was, that's gotta be wally.

Nice to hear from you again. I'm the only one still playing with CE gadgets. I now own every Windows CE device on Earth.
 Top of the page
ntware Page Icon Posted 2021-01-10 2:16 PM
#
H/PC Elite

wallythacker - 2021-01-09 10:14 PM

(I replaced all my HP/C info with my music gear. It's more relevant to me at this point in life, but then, I'm usually a bit off.)

I’m glad you put that note out on your signature. I was sad with myself for not knowing any of the “HPC’s” you posted. How could I call myself an HPC enthusiast/collector and not know any of them!
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2021-01-10 3:29 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Greetings and a happy New Year to you too. I hope that being that close to the border hasn't corrupted you too much

Don't fall in!
 Top of the page
joval Page Icon Posted 2021-01-11 4:37 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Sensei

C:Amie - 2021-01-10 7:29 AM
Don't fall in!

Really enjoy you wit and humor!! In fairness, that warning belongs on several of these H/PC forums, IMO!!
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2021-01-11 9:19 PM
#
H/PC Elder

It's really nice to see some names from my active times here. I learned so much, had so much fun and made friends. What's not to like? Especially back then as I was immobile for quite a spell so playing inside on tiny devices was perfect. I miss the speed, ease of use and especially the privacy/security of my hpcs, activesync and my outlook calendar. It's nearly 20 years later and I don't think Google is doing that much better at it. I have no idea where my data has been once I've entered it into google. I have no doubt the NSA can look at it they want to.

I beat a serious cancer last year, lost some close friends, found I really love living in Niagara Falls.

I've been battling a crippled left hand nearly two years now so guitars/typing/working, heck, even eating has been a real struggle as it's my dominant hand that's damaged. Hopefully this is the year all my troublesome issues get put behind me and I can enjoy life again.

At some point I suspect most of my gadgets will go on sale once I've organized my life some more.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2021-01-12 12:28 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Man, those are some challenges you've faced. I hope things continue to get better.
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2021-01-13 4:04 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Thanks.

You don't realize how lucky you are when life is going fine. It's only when things start crumbing around you that you realize life was really good in spite of what you thought.

Hopefully the things troubling me will be resolved and nothing new nefarious surfaces before then.
 Top of the page
joval Page Icon Posted 2021-01-15 11:07 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Sensei

wallythacker - 2021-01-11 1:19 PM
I beat a serious cancer last year, lost some close friends, found I really love living in Niagara Falls.

I've been battling a crippled left hand nearly two years now so guitars/typing/working, heck, even eating has been a real struggle as it's my dominant hand that's damaged. Hopefully this is the year all my troublesome issues get put behind me and I can enjoy life again.

My sympathies... loss of friends and loss of function! Hope you regain some lost ground. And a cancer battle too. Not to mention the Covid lockdown...no funerals, etc.You are a strong fellow and we are so pleased to hear from you!

One of my latest mantras is "I don't care what it looks like as long as it still works. " Applies to old cars, old tools, aging "mortal coils" No chance you can learn to play guitar with your teeth ....Jimmy Hendrix style? I hope you improve or find a workaround...you probably have lots of good music still in you

Anyway, like you, I remain grateful and have a growing appreciation for the little things in life. I don't buy into the "Life's a bitch and then you die," mentality...for some it might seem so at times. There are many unexpected twists and turns that can take the wind out of one's sails. A place like this can offer a safe reprieve in its own way. Glad to know you value your devotion/time here even now. So... you were a quite the active member when I review your accomplishments here... quite a king pin.

I heard Niaggra Falls is a warmer place to live than one might think. Is it so...what appeals to you?

warm regards,
Joval

Edited by joval 2021-01-15 11:12 AM
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 69 - Executed queries : 9