x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

I just picked up an HP 360LX, where to start?

VFuzball Page Icon Posted 2021-01-21 8:19 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi everyone, I've just picked up a HP 360LX palmtop pc. I want to use it as a graphic calculator for math class, (for fun mostly) and maybe just other general applications, but I don't know where to start with this aspiration, as every link I've hunted down was dead- the one exception being this site, which I can't download from as a new user.
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2021-01-22 10:29 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

Hi! Welcome.

Maybe you can ask C:Amie to send you some files you need via PM or donate by PayPal.
 Top of the page
Karpour Page Icon Posted 2021-01-22 3:14 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Philosopher

Welcome to the forums! There are lots of great applications in the SCL, not sure how access works right now.

There isn't *too* much useful stuff to do with a 360LX anymore, but I think there are some graphing calculator apps, I just never used one.
Of course it does basic word processing and Spreadsheets fine!

I can recommend getting a microSD to Compact Flash adapter, that gives you lots of storage space and you don't need a CF card reader to transfer files. (I think Windows CE 2.0 might be limited to 4GB though, but don't quote me on that)
 Top of the page
fantablium Page Icon Posted 2021-01-24 1:24 PM
#
Subscribers
Factorite (Elite)

Hello and welcome VFuzball, yep get registered on here and there are quite a few applications and games on here that will run on your 360LX. I think half the fun of these old devices is discovering all the software and uses for them!
 Top of the page
pacmania1982 Page Icon Posted 2021-01-27 11:29 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

I'd firstly recommend installing the Windows CE 2.0 PowerToys - especially the sound icon for the system tray. I always feel this should have been included in the CE 2.0 ROM. Also Pocket Paint which is a great application for drawing bitmaps and then there are a couple of other utilities bundled in. I tend not to install them as I don't use them. You could try and install a few games. I'd suggest taking a look in the software section on here. Good luck
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 40 - Executed queries : 31