x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

YouTube Groupie Badge - Promote HPC:Factor in a YouTube Video to earn a badge!

1 2
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2022-01-20 10:44 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Badge awarded to radiance32 for

Check out his every growing and comprehensive palmtop coverage via his HP Palmtop Tube channel.
 Top of the page Quote Reply
fantablium Page Icon Posted 2022-03-08 8:25 AM
#
Subscribers
Factorite (Elite)

A how too on installing CE2 on the Velo 1, not sure if this is the right place for the video!?
Either way HPCfactor gets a mention ;-)

Edited by fantablium 2022-03-08 8:26 AM
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2022-03-08 10:23 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Excellent video as always Huw, lots of useful tips and info in there. I never realised it was so fiddly. I'm used to the hp world where you just turn it off shove the ROM in and turn it on. There's none of this PSU fiddling or software installation.

Have you tried forcing the COM port speed to 56k or 115k, I assume it is only defaulting to 19.2K?

Glad you found H/PC:Update, fyi, you cannot hotlink into the Velo files list from the video description into H/PC:U as it uses transitory storage on the server to load your session due to the way it is written. Just linking directly to https://www.hpcfactor.com/support/update/ would prevent the red error banner from appearing

Looking forward to the side-by-side!

Thanks for the mention
fantablium Page Icon Posted 2022-03-11 5:33 PM
#
Subscribers
Factorite (Elite)

Yeah I had an MC12 and changing the OS was super easy, ROM out... ROM in... reboot restore...

That is why I thought it worth the video as if you are missing the guide it'd be super frustrating trying to install the new OS! The need for the PSU still baffles me but presumably the boffins at Philips had their reasons!

I've updated the link, thank you for that :-)

So forcing the COM speed? How would I do that? The Velo only has a 19.2K option which is so damn slow...

There will obviously be another mention in the side by side review, honestly I think anyone with a HPC and now PSION or HPC style DOS machine should be on here as its a great resource.

C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2022-03-12 11:54 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

PM sent
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2022-10-08 5:25 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

A new one for all you YouTuber's. I have re-jigged the way that the forum stores social media feeds so that it doesn't require a grinding rewrite of half the forum code and schema change in the database. So anyone can now add a link to their YouTube Channel on to their profile now. Just head to Your Settings in the menu and then Edit Profile information. I have also added Discord (seems popular now).

If there are others that you think are needed, please let me know somewhere in the site ideas thread.
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2022-10-30 3:11 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

@fantablium congratulations on 2 years of the channel - though I think it's a bit off for your subscribers that you took time off to go on honeymoon! Priorities here please!
fantablium Page Icon Posted 2022-10-31 8:09 AM
#
Subscribers
Factorite (Elite)

Thanks, 2 years is a pretty big deal in for a small channel!

I know, can't say I felt too guilty while lying on the beach drinking cocktails though
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2022-11-29 9:35 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Awarded to NarakuITA for

1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 47 - Executed queries : 29