x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

It's 2.0!

1 2
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2021-02-07 1:15 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I didn't know that there was a v3 of that. Your extracted link doesn't work for me.

Can you please send me over the (unextracted) driver and any compatibility info and I'll add it to the HCL? I've PM'd you a upload code.

Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2021-02-07 2:06 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

HCD added to the HCL along with drivers to the DLC.
I added an inflated.zip for anyone who wants the CAB's.
Thanks.
 Top of the page
yeek Page Icon Posted 2021-02-11 5:59 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

I bought another printer, seems I can't have too many. So now I got a Pentax PocketJet 1 and a Pentax PocketJet 3. I gotta say I'm surprised the 3 sells as cheap as it does, got mine for $15.00 only a few bucks more than I spent on the 1. But the best part is the Pentax PocketJet 3 has a built in irDA port! The PocketJet 1 and 2 used a miniature parallel port adapter cable that terminated in an irDA receiver, Or just a straight parallel port, or a serial port. The only cable I got for the 1 is the normal parallel port, so I'll be playing with PCMCIA cards to see if that works.

On the 3, it has a USB port, Bluetooth, and the built in infrared port. Lucky me I got the "wrong" driver when I went looking for one for the 1, so I can use the 3 over ir. I'll keep an eye out for the ir adapter for the 1 though, got to pick up all the accessories you know

Now I'm just bummed out that none of the thermal paper I have laying around at the office is 8.5x11
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2021-02-11 8:08 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Does it work over IrDA using the v1 driver, or does it just work using the H/PCs built in PCL driver?
 Top of the page
yeek Page Icon Posted 2021-02-11 10:45 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

At this point I don’t know. Reading the 3 manual it mentions installing the driver for Windows CE devices so I’m thinking that driver works. I’m waiting on a battery for it at the moment because of course it uses a different battery than the 1.

I think once I have everything assembled, and the paper (which for some reason is shipping to me in New York, from New Jersey by way of West Virginia) I’ll write up what works and what doesn’t. Might be useful for other people?

One thing I want to try is the parallel printer cable on the 1 into a SCSI card by way of a classic DB25 to CN36 I’ve had since high school. I’ve got a bunch of weird SCSI adapters I’ve held onto for ages for some reason.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2021-02-12 9:18 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I'd like to update the HCL with the correct info. If IrDA works without a driver, then that's useful to know. If it needs a driver, but 2.0 still works with the v1 driver, then that's useful to add too.
 Top of the page
yeek Page Icon Posted 2021-02-17 11:30 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

Initial testing with the PocketJet 3 late yesterday reveals that it does not work with the PocketJet 1 IR driver. Testing was limited to the settings available from the v1 driver, and those settings are limited to choosing to use a hardware or software handshake.

Settings on the PocketJet 3 itself are largely accessible only through the desktop configuration utility. None of them appear to deal with IR communications. Regardless I can report that the data indicator light did not signal that it was receiving anything from the HP 320LX at any time.

Potential paths forward with the PocketJet 3 and Windows CE 2.0 include extraction of the drivers from the 2.10 CAB file or possibly utilization of the DOS drivers through PocketDOS. I do not have high hopes for success with either.
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 64 - Executed queries : 9