x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

driver for this no-name card?

yeek Page Icon Posted 2021-02-06 2:17 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

My HP 320LX (Windows CE 2.0) came with a PC Card storage card in the slot. It’s all white on one side and only has a part number (FR2028-W) and serial number (096113742) on the other side. The only other markings are the green text “PC Card” and “C E”. There’s also a little switch that says “ WRITE PROTECT”. When I start up the palmtop with it slotted it asks me what driver to use. Anyone have an idea on where to start as far as determining the driver goes? Is there a generic storage card driver included in Windows CE I can try?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2021-02-06 3:28 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

The stock driver is atadisk.dll
 Top of the page
yeek Page Icon Posted 2021-02-06 6:59 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

Don’t appear to have that file on my device. It’s too bad really, I was curious what the previous owner might have had on there. There was a log of sorts on the 8MB CF card that had some neat stuff in there like set up new computer for so and so and updated source tree for project such and such.

No it is present. I gotta say I’m impressed Windows CE has hidden files. It’s a useful feature, I’m just very surprised to find it’s something they included.

Edited by yeek 2021-02-06 7:57 PM
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2021-02-07 2:55 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

That's the old Pretec 28mb memory card… surprised that it doesn't work with the native drivers on the 320lx.

Plug the card into a Windows laptop and run some file recovery software… previous owner probably just deleted the files and they may still be there if you recover the FAT.
 Top of the page
yeek Page Icon Posted 2021-02-07 10:35 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

Just gotta find a laptop with a card slot!
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2021-02-08 2:08 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Or a desktop like my old one here…good grief…posted that 14 years ago…

https://www.hpcfactor.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=8454&pos...
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 63 - Executed queries : 9