x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Covid Shots

1 2 3
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2021-02-23 4:00 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Free English Chip's are the best type. Trust me on that

Seriously though, don't be beat on Bill, get the job, save someone else's life!

I am not as convinced that, in the western world at least, it is as nationalistic as the media make out. There's definitely a cold war underway over it in the developing world. For the UK government's part, all I've heard on that was anyone who wants it can take it, it's cheap to produce and near as much free if you want it. We've not made any foreign policy moves relating to it unlike the French *cough*.

If Russia would stop acting like it's the 1980's and release all of it's date, join the UN club and participate, hell, even Germany has said it would be on-board to deploy Sputnik provided that it gets a transparent green light. You won't get much more of a gold star level of support than the Germans! Yet senior elements in the Russian government just can't seem to slip out of 1980's thinking and the 1980's rhetoric that goes along with it. Sad really.
 Top of the page
Alt Bass Page Icon Posted 2021-02-23 5:04 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

C:Amie - 2021-02-23 1:43 PM

Sadly Alt Bass, I can't see any combination of events where the Russian people would be offered an American jab. I have a hard time thinking the UK one would be accepted even if we offered it for free, let alone a US one! I just hope that time proves Sputnik to be effective!
I might totally change my position after other people show what trials did not. Also, russian government newspaper says approval of foreign vaccines is not impossible and that AstraZeneza might produce it's vaccine in Russia to make it more viable.

C:Amie - 2021-02-23 7:00 PM

Yet senior elements in the Russian government just can't seem to slip out of 1980's thinking and the 1980's rhetoric that goes along with it. Sad really.
If the problem was in being enemies it would be solved ages ago. In reality it's that russian oligarchs and officials do not need cooperation with rest of the world to get rich. If USA elites behaved this way they would quickly loose there fortunes and leverages. In Russia, it's the opposite: whoever has most civil behaviour overall will be destroyed by domestic elite. Also, even if russian elites would be willing to improve relations I strongly doubt it would be possible considering what they are doing to political opposition domestically and Crimean shitshow.

C:Amie - 2021-02-23 4:41 PM

Russia and China on the other hand are hiding data, hiding info, being closeted and secretive - I dare say not because they are hiding anything, but because that's all they know - at a government level - how to be.
That's 100% correct regarding Russia. Even if the vaccine is perfect officials will still find a way to screw the publicity.

C:Amie - 2021-02-23 4:41 PM

They are trying to make their offerings look prestigious, generate face and garner positive coverage.
But then there are also officials all over the world including USA and Europe getting fake injections.

Edited by Alt Bass 2021-02-23 5:09 PM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2021-02-23 5:26 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I hadn't heard about the possibility of you taking the AstraZenica one, that's interesting. Also interesting that you aren't looking at the Chinese ones.

I haven't heard anything about people getting fake injections. Is there actually any empirical proof of high profile people doing this, or is it social media chaff? Sounds like the latter to me. That said, I am aware of a black market in fake immunisation certificates starting to be identified as a likely consequence that we will all see in the near future.
 Top of the page
yeek Page Icon Posted 2021-02-23 6:08 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

I haven't seen anything about fake shots. Saw some high-profile people getting/promoting snake-oil treatments and "questionable" stem-cell injections though.

Early on I saw a few stories about people getting busted importing or selling fake tests.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2021-02-23 6:54 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I saw the fake tests in the USA on CNN and obviously former El Presidenté (humorously or not) suggesting bleach and other things early on.

I was aware of a scam here with people phoning up pensioners and saying they can book an appointment to come around their house and give them the immunogen for £xxx. They actually turned up and shot people with heavens knows what too! Absolutely disgusting on multiple levels.
 Top of the page
Alt Bass Page Icon Posted 2021-02-24 5:52 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

C:Amie - 2021-02-23 9:54 PM

and obviously former El Presidenté (humorously or not) suggesting bleach

https://www.bioworld.com/articles/434719-uv-light-respiratory-cathet... - that bleach?

C:Amie - 2021-02-23 8:26 PM

I haven't heard anything about people getting fake injections. Is there actually any empirical proof of high profile people doing this, or is it social media chaff?
https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1344044271985446914
Look at the needle near the chair's arm rest at the time mark 00:36-00:40
I am willing to see a good explanation of why that needle swings back and forth on the syringe. Reuters has a whole piece about this video and they do not mention it at all:
https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-factcheck-kamala-harris-covid-vac...

Edited by Alt Bass 2021-02-24 5:57 AM
 Top of the page
roychanyl Page Icon Posted 2021-02-24 7:07 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Whoa, you guys are really chatting up a storm. Here in Malaysia, the people are quite divided about getting the inoculation.
We have earlier reports of the government paying MYR96m to get a batch of the Chinese (Sinovac) vaccine (?) With zero data about the trials, the government a week later announced a possibility of acquiring up to 12 million doses from Pfizer-BioNtech (the first batch started coming in over the last weekend).
The frontliners would be getting their jabs in March and subsequent inoculations for majority of the country's population (excluding kids) may span up to a year.
Here we have up to 6 million citizens of Chinese descent, about 70% are eager to take the Sinovac, while others prefer the Pfizer.
There and then during the announcement of the Pfizer vaccines (somewhere in January 2021), a number of our public hospitals hosted small trial booths offering a reward of MYR3k to "volunteers" who sign up for the inoculation. (They advertised a maximum of 3000 slots, and then put up an ad in FACEBOOK thanking the public in the volunteer program).
There were also a slur of comments stating that the reward was not realised, volunteers only got about MYR100 (for the inoculation) and an extra sum to cover transport expenses.
I do not understand why our Health Ministry allowed these booths be set up in some hospitals, and then posted a message in FB asking the citizens to be careful in participating such event (trials).

On another occasion, my few friends in HongKong told me they were offered HKD5k to sign up for the Chinese Sinovac vaccination program.

My doubts are that, this hoohah about vaccines, are they all real vaccines or just trials-in-progress?
 Top of the page
Alt Bass Page Icon Posted 2021-02-24 8:14 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

roychanyl - 2021-02-24 10:07 AM

My doubts are that, this hoohah about vaccines, are they all real vaccines or just trials-in-progress?

Sinovac is less documented but there is no doubt China is relying on it to stabilize the country. Pfizer has good documentation and trials (30000 vacinated vs 200000 placebo in randomized controlled trial).

Edited by Alt Bass 2021-02-24 8:14 AM
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2021-02-24 8:19 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

In the "regular / old " media, there are more talks on this subject in Japan. YouTube is filled with this topic from just rubbish to really serious things.
FUJIFILM Diosynth Biotechnologies is a company which is making a candidate vaccine in North Carlolina / Texas. It is preparing for production in UK as well.

https://bio.nikkeibp.co.jp/atcl/release/21/02/15/10060/
(Japanese site)
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2021-02-24 11:05 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Alt Bass - 2021-02-24 5:52 AM
https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1344044271985446914
I am willing to see a good explanation of why that needle swings back and forth on the syringe. Reuters has a whole piece about this video and they do not mention it at all:

No, https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/apr/24/trump-disinfectant-b... - that one.

As for Kamala, I think I'd be inclined to agree with https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-factcheck-kamala-harris-covid-vac... that it's fake news.

roychanyl - 2021-02-24 7:07 AM
There and then during the announcement of the Pfizer vaccines (somewhere in January 2021), a number of our public hospitals hosted small trial booths offering a reward of MYR3k to "volunteers" who sign up for the inoculation. (They advertised a maximum of 3000 slots, and then put up an ad in FACEBOOK thanking the public in the volunteer program).

On another occasion, my few friends in HongKong told me they were offered HKD5k to sign up for the Chinese Sinovac vaccination program.

I'll take 3000 MYR (£526) or 5000 HKD (£457) to get jabbed. Just not with Sinovac.

stingraze - 2021-02-24 8:19 AM

In the "regular / old " media, there are more talks on this subject in Japan. YouTube is filled with this topic from just rubbish to really serious things.
FUJIFILM Diosynth Biotechnologies is a company which is making a candidate vaccine in North Carlolina / Texas. It is preparing for production in UK as well.

https://bio.nikkeibp.co.jp/atcl/release/21/02/15/10060/
(Japanese site)

Interesting, I hadn't heard about a Japanese player. While it amuses me to think of Fujifilm making immunisations, I'd be up for it as long as it passes muster. Why no mention of production in JP, just US/UK though? What are the public being offered in JP?
Sadly I heard nothing about this visit by Johnson in the media!
 Top of the page
yeek Page Icon Posted 2021-02-24 12:49 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

Alt Bass - 2021-02-24 12:52 AM

Oh oh! I know this one! One of our product lines as work is the plastic blister pack (well we actually just make the plastic roll that becomes the blister pack) that goes over bulk syringes and a couple of product lines have illustrations. There's a number of different safety devices that are used on single-use syringes. One of the more expensive has a mechanism that retracts the needle into the body of the syringe after use. One of the cheaper is a flip cover that can be clicked down over the needle. Here's a link to a nice picture of one of those, this is a phlebotomy syringe but the mechanism is the same on injection syringes.

People think of syringes as having a little (usually orange) pop on cap 'cause in most cases that's what they've seen when they've got a tetanus booster or even a flu-shot. Those caps are actually kind of fiddly for someone who's going to be administering a shot every couple minutes, so enter the flip cap, or retractable syringe. They make some that even enforce single use, like once the plunger is pushed down that's it, no way to use it again. This is mainly a drug enforcement thing, but it applies for safety too, keeps people who aren't paying attention from accidentally using a syringe on one person after another. We've come a long way from back when part of the standard medical curriculum was sharpening needles!

Edited by yeek 2021-02-24 12:56 PM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2021-02-24 1:38 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Great info & fact check Yeek!
 Top of the page
Alt Bass Page Icon Posted 2021-02-24 4:08 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

C:Amie - 2021-02-24 2:05 PM

As for Kamala, I think I'd be inclined to agree with
That article does not address what I see with my own eyes so agreeing with it does not tell me a lot.

yeek - 2021-02-24 3:49 PM

Oh oh! I know this one! One of our product lines as work is the plastic blister pack (well we actually just make the plastic roll that becomes the blister pack) that goes over bulk syringes and a couple of product lines have illustrations. There's a number of different safety devices that are used on single-use syringes. One of the more expensive has a mechanism that retracts the needle into the body of the syringe after use. One of the cheaper is a flip cover that can be clicked down over the needle. Here's a link to a nice picture of one of those, this is a phlebotomy syringe but the mechanism is the same on injection syringes.

Now that makes a lot of sense.

Top of the page
can't remember Page Icon Posted 2021-02-24 4:42 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Mjolnir - 2021-02-16 3:24 PM

Has anyone else been vaccinated? I got my first shot today. One more in two weeks. No after effects... so far.

I am on the wait list because I'm not part of any risk group, they are getting it first. We have Sputnik V and Sinopharm will be arriving to the country soon so I'm likely going to get one of those (not that I can choose, I'll get whatever is available).
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2021-02-24 6:23 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Alt Bass - 2021-02-24 4:08 PM

C:Amie - 2021-02-24 2:05 PM

As for Kamala, I think I'd be inclined to agree with
That article does not address what I see with my own eyes so agreeing with it does not tell me a lot.

I incorrectly assumed knowledge of safety hypodermics was commonplace. I guess I've had jabs done more recently I guess I had all mine updated in 2018.
 Top of the page
1 2 3
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 71 - Executed queries : 10