x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

AlfoG Page Icon Posted 2021-02-17 4:02 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hello everyone. After using my recently aquired HP 320LX for the last few days I noticed the LCD screen seems to be a bit faded. The contrast adjustment works fine, but to me the screen looks a bit washed out. I only have a Palm IIIe that also has an LCD screen to compare with and it looks better. I know some LCD screens from the 1990's were low end and not the best for contrast.

So, my question is have any of you folks had a LCD palmtop since new and noticed any fading in the screen? Or were the sceens on these devises always like that. Thanks.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2021-02-17 4:12 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

My guess is it's the quality of the LCD. I've always noticed a difference in sharpness between my older versus newer CE devices. My CE 1.0 Casio A-10 and Compaq C140 H/PCs and my CE 2.01 Palm-size PCs, for example, have that faded appearance on the screen, while my CE 2.11 Casio E-15's monochrome LCD display is very sharp. The older LCDs typically render 2-bit grayscale (four gray levels) versus the 4-bit grayscale (16 gray levels) on my E-15.
 Top of the page
AlfoG Page Icon Posted 2021-02-17 9:21 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Thanks, that's what I thought, screen differences. This 320LX shows no signs of wear including the stylus tip. It probabaly never got used much.
 Top of the page
yeek Page Icon Posted 2021-02-17 10:27 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

Long shot without seeing a photo of the issue, but does it look like screen burn? You can replace the polarizer to fix that.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 10