x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

So... Hello!

Huntmaster Page Icon Posted 2021-02-25 6:23 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Newbie

I'm new at this place. I registered yesterday, so... it's time to say Hello!

At the beginning, I apologize for my English. It isn't my native language. It's a little dusty and simple rather. I learned English many years ago (at study) and I don't need it at my work and my everyday life, so I don't have too many occasions to use it... But, I will try :-)

I like vintage computers and i love to repair them! If I can :-) Of course I can't repair everything - I still learn about electronics.

I love 8-bit machines like commodore and atari, but they need many peripherals. Because I live in a flat I have no room for that. Some time ago I interested in vintage laptops and handelds. I bought some time ago Hitachi HWP-200ec at a bundle (with serial cable, books, and CD's). Next I realized that I need a laptop with RS-232 port (no way in modern laptops!). So I bought Compaq armada E500 with serial port, parallel port, IR port, 3,5" floppy disk station, and CD-ROM and USB on the other hand. Of course, I didn't bought one working unit. I bought two and assembled one working in good condition. And finally I plan some further upgrades :-) I installed win 98 on them, found and install drivers, and install win CE 2.0 from original CD. I'm after first connections and data transfers via serial cable and IR also (what a satisfying experience!).
I also bought Compaq 2930a with broken hinge and without battery pack and AC Adaptor. And I'm working on them now ;-)

I have many questions about handelds, but first I plan to make a new post at this forum about Hitachi HPW-200ec unit. It's not so popular device I think, so i will take some photos, describe it and write about my impressions. I only have to find some time for that :-)
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2021-02-25 6:29 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
Welcome here. And please don't worry about your English--it's very good!

Jake
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2021-02-25 6:56 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Welcome to the site Huntmaster
 Top of the page
Karpour Page Icon Posted 2021-02-26 12:32 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Philosopher

Welcome!
It's great to see so many new members lately, have fun here!
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2021-02-26 10:19 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Hello! Welcome to the forum!
 Top of the page
HPC:Fan Page Icon Posted 2021-02-26 8:17 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Welcome!
 Top of the page
Jump to forum: